ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Explorer not loading?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok, so this has been going on for some time now, but when ever I turn on my PC, 9times out of 10 my explorer doesnt load? I have to open up the task manager and load explorer and all of my start up programs manually.:mad:

Any ideas on a fix?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yes, but there was no option to disable explorer, and like I said, it only does it sometimes.

Hmmm any new programs you put on recently?? I had something similar to this on the misses PC recently but cant remember the hell it was

Bumder With A Buffer
Its got to be a registry issue of some sort..any malware/spyware recently on the puter??

Spy-bot might be able to find it???

Cupra
Go through your system restore to the last piece of software you put on before you had problems and restore it.

I have had it with a s**tty piece of French software that I have been testing. It works fine on some images but on others it kills explorer on start up. It was fine until I had to adjust rights in the registry so if you have done anything in there, it might be your cause.

The only way I could get the PC's working again was to do a system restore, un-installing, resetting permissions etc did not do it. Failing that, a nice fresh install of Windows should do the job. :clown:

182FF with cup packs
<y PC's started doing something similar, but weirder recently.

Every two or three logins (not boots, logins), it fails to load my desktop. No icons, no start bar, no right click context menu.

I can bring up task manager and start tasks from there. Explorer.exe is still running. I can halt it and start it again, still no icons or start menu.

If I log out and then in again 3 or 4 times, it just loads like normal.

Xp 64bit (I know, it sucks, i just can't be bothered to re-install)