ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exterior plastics

Chocolate Bar™
whats the best thing to get the plastics looking like new as my baseplates have really gone discoloured. ive got some auto glym bumper care which seems quite good, but the white stains still come back through.

any 'cheap' suggestions appreciated - otherwise i shall send them off for spraying.

Chocolate Bar™
Biffons_Bridge said:
^^^ the purple 1 thats smells like fruit;)

got some of this stuff, and its good on the tyres, will it not make a mess the next time i wash it?

got the tyre spray but i'd make too much of a mess with it lol

Tesla MP3 2021
well ive used it a few times and it will just wash off like when u shampoo the car....so will need toping up.
but wont make a mess no

Chocolate Bar™
^ looks like a good site. will try the tyre gel, otherwise will order some of the trim gel. the rim wax looks like it might be a good bet too for the wheels :)

Middo said:
^ looks like a good site. will try the tyre gel, otherwise will order some of the trim gel. the rim wax looks like it might be a good bet too for the wheels :)
The RimWax withstands the heat from the wheels better than most normal waxes.It last a while and minimises the build up of brake dust.Any questions pm me

106 GTi
AG Bumper care gel but worked in with a soft brush rather than a cloth does a better job at removing the marks so they dont come back.

Skoda Fabia vRS
AG Bumper Care is the daddy in my opinion

however, my scuttle panel is beyond saving, no matter what product i try it just wont come back to the original colour, anything i apply has very little or no affect on it

Chocolate Bar™
jay said:
AG bumper care followed by AG plastic and vinyl.

worryingly i have both of the above, and will give it a go.

rich - when you say soft brush what do you mean. would a cheap toothbrush do? or do i need something softer.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've heard of people using smooth peanut butter . Must be the oils thats in the peanut butter that feed the plastic getting rid of white marks , faded plastic etc ....

^^Nope its the abrasive particles removing the dried on wax stains :D

I've been using experimenting with megs hyper dressing - neat recently to great effect!

Scuse the stone chips!

Miscdetailingshots008.jpg

106 GTi
Middo said:
worryingly i have both of the above, and will give it a go.

rich - when you say soft brush what do you mean. would a cheap toothbrush do? or do i need something softer.

A softish tooth brush is exactly what I use.