ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extra sound deadening??

What sort of stuff did you use and how much did it reduce the sound by? I want to cover most of the interior, looking at not exceeding 15kg as I know the heavy stuff works better. I was mostly after a rattle free interior but want to refine things more now and make for a more relaxing time driving. Still going to keep the asts though :p

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
IMG_20181116_104349.jpg

Around 20kg of silent coat sound deadening.. I then put a full coverage of closed cell foam over before putting the interior back in as the closed cell doesn't really weigh anything.

Didn't make as much difference as I'd hoped but still an improvement, wouldn't say it was worth the effort though.. Better to just accept a clio will never be a particularly refined car lol

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Did the wifes barge this summer, used some bitumen type stuff.
Put it on the plastic trim mostly though.
There is a difference in vibration dampening and isolation though.
Vibe dampening makes stuff heavier to bring the resonance frequencies down, isolation keeps vibrations from being transfered.

It seems how Im after will cost about 50-60 quid which Id rather save if it wasnt worth it. But I do want some stuff for rattles I think that will be one of the best things to sort out.