ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F*****G Pot holes!

coming home hit a pot hole or drain, and the impact was that much it made my stereo front pop off!!

the damage to my tyre is pretty much like this:
TyreDamage.jpg

on a brand new toyo, less than 1000 miles on it.

not happy

Focus ST
I've buckled an alloy on a pothole (that was covered by a puddle on the inside of a blind corner) before. Getting compensation from the council is like getting blood out of a stone.

Clio 172mk2
try claiming off the council , or find out who put the road down.

i know some ppl that have claimed for new alloys because of it , so just take some pics , n do the f`ers for it

MKIII 138
£120 million per year and increasing is the money which people claim back from damages incured on badly maintained roads in the UK. I read in Car magazine that out of 37 billion < pounds generated from the tax payer every year only 3.2% is spent back on roads !! as a result they expect the costs to escalate to 200 million next year and keep rising.

i may just add the majority of that 3.2% is spent in the south near london areas as up the north of the country as with almost everything we are the forgotten country.

in yorkshire are roads are shite

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
RE COUNCILS.
1.Take photos, show size depth etc.
2. Get a mate to phone in and report said hole (very important, for records) Get name of person talking to at council.
3. Following day phone in and complain yourself ( get name at council) , really kick off, mention photo`s etc ask for claim form, get RENAULT quotes etc tyres send this in.
4. Sit back and wait, keep phoning in to complain.
5. After week if pothole is NOT filled in get photo`s again pref with dates.
SHOULD PAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!
STEP 2 IS VERY IMPORTANT WITHOUT THIS YOUR PISSING IN THE WIND.
Councils will only pay out if aware of holes already.

They f##ked me off the first time, not the second HA HA HA. B`stards!!!!!!!!!

The Beast MK4
Looks very nasty. Agree with the others though about flying in with two feet at the council. South Lanarkshire's roads are F*cking Shocking aswell.

Octavia VRS
same with Edinburgh City Centre Jon, nightmare surfaces on some roads.

Unlucky mate but get in contact with the council, see what they say

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
POW_Clio said:
same with Edinburgh City Centre Jon, nightmare surfaces on some roads.

Unlucky mate but get in contact with the council, see what they say

Welcome to Edinburgh City, voted worst roads in britain.. enjoy your stay..

Liquid yellow R26 F1
Sorry if posted already..

But i'd deff claim off the council...!! as roads are their responsibility, may even find that other peeps have claimed already..

Liquid yellow R26 F1
Had a similar situ, when i nearly had a head on with an A class due to poor signage for roadworks in a 60 limit just after bling left hander.. :(

172beast

Same thing happened to my old 172, buckled wheel but tyre was fine, I took pics of the damaged wheel along with a quote for new tyre and wheel, sent a strongly worded letter to council, council sent me a cheque for the full 170 quid I got quoted, bought a new wheel and tyre off here for 50 quid, tidy profit!

Valver..
gutted 4 ya m8... where i work some times i have to go down a lane...there was this one pit hole where i went over it and it was that deep it ripped the sub off me van...:(

MKIII 138
m8 of my dad hit a pothole in his old vectra. ripped the wheel clean off and threw him and his car into a field at 100mph rolling around 10 times

Not a Clio anymore.....
KDF said:
Welcome to Edinburgh City, voted worst roads in britain.. enjoy your stay..

Couldn't agree more mate, absolutely shocking roads round Auld reekie and feckin cobbles everywhere doesn't help!!!!!!!

SLK 350
Well you could also RMA the tyre back to where ever you bought it from and claim its clearly a dodgy tyre. Or you can go the council way, but dont expect a pay-out for like 3 months :(

If that bulge was in my trousers id be proud of it!!

But it aint!

Its a bulge on a tyre of a good motor thats looked after by its owner yet knackered by the very council you pay to look after the roads! makes you mad!

all the best sorting it out mate! give em s**t!!

80MPG BEEZA
you can claim from the council my mate just got some £800 oxigin alloys and dented one of them from a pothole in the road he got them to pay for the wheel and tyre, as for uk there all crap especially the north east its all bloody hills and they dont know how to level the road to drains some are like a good 3" drop to a drain and its worse being lowered 60mm let me tell you that

Was in North Wales a few weekends ago - excellent road surface quality compared to Edinburgh, Glasgow, etc. In Wales, they actually seemed to be resurfacing roads properly - none of this twatting around patching in potholes, or putting yet another thin crappy layer over the entire surface. No, the roads we saw in Wales were getting the top surface removed be a depth of about 8-10 inches, then built back up. S'pose something good might've come out of all the speed camera revenue in that area...