ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It be coming.

Bethesda and the Fallout series are both familiar with success. Receiving both critical and sales praise, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas bridged the gap between gorgeous scenery with massive destruction in a completely open world. Since the latter’s release in 2010, fans have been anticipating the developer’s next take on the series, which arguably seems to be Fallout 4. Adding to those speculations, an “inside source” is reporting that Fallout 4 will be taking its world to Boston.

Reddit tipster “nMarauder” has recently been dropping details including the game’s forthcoming setting:
I've been hearing reports from people in the Boston area, where my fellow Fallout-obsessed brother lives, that Bethesda has been in the Boston area doing initial research for Fallout 4. It's highly speculative, but the main rumors surround Bethesda's connection to "The Institute", or what we call the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or M.I.T..
M.I.T., although in populated Cambridge and just across the river from Boston proper, still has a small-town feel when it comes to the way news propagates through the community. It is students and staff at M.I.T. that seem to be the ones talking the most about it, and they would be in a position to know. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if the rumors prove to be true in coming weeks.
Just thought I'd share! I'm not confirming anything, but all signs point to yes.​

Though the poster was not able to share more about his inside knowledge, for fear of “losing my job,” nMarauder did mention that his job has given him knowledge on Bethesda’s alleged project. Fallout 3, as you may recall, took place in Washington D.C. , so a Boston setting wouldn’t be too far from reality.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/fallout-3/news/rumor-fallout-4-to-take-place-in-boston
http://news.google.com.au/news/url?...e-enslaved-androids-from-boston-in-fallout-4/
http://news.google.com.au/news/url?...co.uk/20120821/fallout-4-location-assumption/

Looking forward to this. Never did quite get on with Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout 3 on the other hand...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome. Loved three. Couldn't get on with Vegas or Skyrim though...

Goliath I
Loved 3 I'm not sure why even stopped playing it? Oh yeah, my PS3 broke :(

I would have liked Bethesda to enter a new territory though.

Theres goes my free time again!!! hope its as playable as Fallout 3, New Vegas for some unknown reason didnt feel as good only played half hour the second time round and got bored whereas Fallout 3 i played through 4 times and spent days exploring

Evo 5 RS
Not sure why I stopped playing 3, obviously something dragged me away from it. Played Vegas for literally about 5 minutes before shutting it down.

Good time to replay both though if you're on a PC. Some decent mods kicking about on Fallout 3 Nexus.

Listerine & Poledo
Every single piece of 3 is saved and complete.
Still a load of quest strands I haven't followed in NV

But any new Fallout game will have my money poured into it.

Also, for the old-school Fallout people, dont forget that Wasteland is a-comin!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Every single piece of 3 is saved and complete.
Still a load of quest strands I haven't followed in NV

But any new Fallout game will have my money poured into it.

Also, for the old-school Fallout people, dont forget that Wasteland is a-comin!

Don't I know it! Already paid for my copy of Wasteland 2 - got my name in the credits guaranteed too (lol - uber-g33k! ;))

D.

Listerine & Poledo
Good boy D!

Since I only got into fallout when 3 came out, I'm not as hot on the Wasteland / FO1&2 game style, but I know it'll still be amazeballs

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are probably the best games I've ever played tbh.

I LOVE the fact that you can play it how you want to, and not follow a forced route like the usual s**t like COD, Crysis etc

Listerine & Poledo
Fallout 3 and New Vegas are probably the best games I've ever played tbh.

I LOVE the fact that you can play it how you want to, and not follow a forced route like the usual s**t like COD, Crysis etc

Weeelllll. I dunno. in FO3 the game was quite linear, insofar that you MUST help with the purifier, why not side up with the Enclave (and I mean beyond poisoning the water)

NV was more open-ended, but the story wasn't as gripping, for me anyway, so it's a tough call between them

New Vegas had about 4 different endings didn't it? Either side with the NVA, or Ceasers Legion (Can't remember fully)

Just about every decision you make had knock on effects later on which I loved.

And throughout the entire game you can either be good or bad, which affects some decisions too.

Listerine & Poledo
That's right, they brought back reputation and pretty much binned off Karma.

Shame there wasn't a continuation DLC like there was in 3, but since there would be so many variables depending on how the player chose to play the main story, I can understand why

Octy VRS
FO3 broke new ground for me gaming wise, just f**king loved it. NV was still very good and had it been released before 3 I reckon it would have stood up better. Even though it wasn't quite as engaging there were still some great bits. Boone etc.