ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO KDF

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

m8 did u get my pm ??? if not ru on msn ?? if so can i chat to u bout moddin xbox, if not i will chat to u here :D

cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was just gonna ask about chips, i ordered a x2 plus today, and hard drives and how to install stuff on em, like "backups" :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Okay,

The install is actualy quite easy on the X2 Lite (I presume its the Lite and not the Pro you got)

If you use the pogo pin header then you only got 1 wire to solder, its a bit small but not so that its really hard to do, just pre tin the wire first, and then tape it to the PCB lined up with the pad you are going to solder it to.

The Pogo pins are dead easy to solder in, no explaination necessary, if you have a v1.0 xbox then you may need to desolder the points (the v1.1 doesnt have solder in these joins)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The X2 lite comes with the ability to swap hard drives.

You need to create a boot dvd-r or CD-RW with the EvoX dashboard on it, I can send you an image for a dvd-r if you need one cause I have a boot dvd-r sitting in my drawer.

when you boot up from the DVD-r it will put you into the evox dashboard, an ftp server will have been started in the background, now open up ftp client software on your pc (you have to connect your xbox to a network) and ftp into the xbox, the IP is displayed at the top left mine for example is 192.168.1.103 the port is 21 and the login info is xbox/xbox as standard.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i got the plus version that u just put in place and then screw it down, no soldering needed.

got a spare 30gb hdd lying around, so will whop that in for now, just need to get the custom dash bit doing too.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Once you have ftpd the contents of the C: (on the xbox) across to your PC you may remove the hard drive from the xbox (as you are going to be replacing it, you dont actually have to back up the original drive if you dont want to but it always helps to have a backup)

put your new HDD into the xbox and boot from the dvd-r, if you use something like slayers installer then you can just format your box using this tool (again on my boot dvd-r) then just ftp across the evox dashboard (and the original dash if you want) the X2 chip will look for evoxdash.xbe first then xboxdash.xbe second, so it will boot the evoxdash and if it cant find that then try to boot the xboxdash (note there are setting on the chip for active/deactivate and v1.0/v1.1 make sure these are correct)

All the extra space for the bigger HDD is now in the F: although you still have the original c: e: x: etc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 24 June 2003
i got the plus version that u just put in place and then screw it down, no soldering needed. got a spare 30gb hdd lying around, so will whop that in for now, just need to get the custom dash bit doing too.

hmm, okay never really a fan of non solder (heard they tend to slip and you gotto open up the xbox and adjust it all the time) but whatever works :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i dont have a dvd-r drive atm, nearly bought 1 the other day, can get the pioneer drives pretty cheap now 99 quid iirc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If you OWN a game and want to put it onto the HDD for easier loading then a handy little app (which I have if you need) will do the work for you, just put the game into the xbox and run the app from the custom dashboard. It will set about backing up your original disk to the HDD, voila.

there are loadsa stuff you can do and the best place to go if you get stuck is www.xbox-scene.com

If you have problems locating certain programs to help you in your quest just e-mail me (my e-mail addy is public, just click profile)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 24 June 2003
i dont have a dvd-r drive atm, nearly bought 1 the other day, can get the pioneer drives pretty cheap now 99 quid iirc.

Yes your lucky.. my work had to pay 300 quid for mine..hehe

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ok m8 thanks u bin a good help :D

oops about the chip :D ahh well if it plays up i will um dunno glue the f**ker down :D

will give u a shout on email regarding stuff :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

kdf m8 did u get my email ??? if so have u replied yet as my email is playing up AGAIN and i dont seem to recieve ne emails ne more :/

if u have replied could u resend please :D

or send it to mailto:james_dirkin@hotmail.com">james_dirkin@hotmail.com

cheers