ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Biposto

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Erm weapons grade level of fun involved!

Bh4mr1oCQAM11Cj.jpg

Bh3066MCYAAE4WK.jpg

Bh3tVxCIcAAZE4T.png

Abarth-Biposto4-Fiat-500-forum.jpg

Abarth-Biposto5-Fiat-500-forum.jpg

Revealed 50 years to the day after the original 695 (above), the all-new model tips the scales at just 997kg, packs a 187bhp turbocharged 1.4-litre engine, a racebred gearbox and will demolish the 0-62mph sprint in just 5.9 seconds.

As you’d expect, the 695’s chassis has been upgraded to cope with this extra performance. Lowered springs and dampers, extreme track-focused tyres and more powerful brakes all feature. Yet it’s the Abarth’s looks inside and out that will grab the most attention.

Based on the already aggressive 595 version, the 695 boasts deeper front and rear bumpers, extended side skirts and lightweight alloy wheels. And to save weight further, clear polycarbonate is used for the side windows.

Inside, the 695 gets an all-new TFT display ahead of the driver, while a multi-function LCD screen sprouts out of the centre console. Other neat touches include the beautifully machined alloy gearlever with exposed linkages and a pair of figure race seats. Finally, the rear seats have been removed and replaced with a purposeful looking roll cage.

Prices have yet to be announced, but like the MINI JCW GP, it’s unlikely you’ll see much change from £40,000 when it hits showrooms later this year. However, this price also includes attendance to the Abarth Driving Academy.

And a LSD!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Will be silly money though but that's not the point.

If I had the money I'd buy one to pop to the shops in..lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ford need to do something like this! They need a run of 500 Fiesta RS'!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Is it even coming to the UK?

Awesome looking thing, very aggressive! Bit disappointing that they used the Tjet engine instead of the Multiair.

Need to try and get a price on that front bumper and bonnet for the girlfriends Abarth!!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, that's lovely! Those Sabelt seats are unbelievably comfortable as well.. 40 grand, im not so sure.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I imagine closer to 50k.

The Ferrari one was 40k plus when it came out.

That exhaust is worth nearly 2k! Seats are worth 2.5k.

Cool car. Although personally I prefer ballin' my way to the shops.

Road cars for the road. Track cars for the track. The middle ground is gay.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If I'm restricted to something new with two seats for that money I'd rather a 4C. But in reality I'd rather a used Z4M or an Exige.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
If I was the kind of guy who wiped my arse with £50 notes I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Really? I think both are aimed at people with this kind of money "spare" for a toy. Both are supposedly "drivers" cars at similar price point. I just don't see who would buy this over the Alfa?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Perfect for a millionaire car enthusiast needing something for driving around the city... Would look at home on the streets of Milan.