ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filling out the service book

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you home service a car, do you fill in the book yourself?

Personally I never have done, I just keep all the parts receipts and make a record of what was done when separately, but my car is about due a small service (which I have just done) and I know the car will never see a garage for this interval so it got me thinking should I fill it in just to keep the records up to date and in one place?

If at the next interval it does go to a garage (which is probable as the next interval service is in 2 years when the belts are due, so they will likely service it at the same time), it will look like it missed a service in the book (and that's a 4 year gap with the mileage I do).

Obviously you wouldn't fill it in for interim service's, just scheduled ones.

I've no idea tbh, I think it looks a bit dodgy to any future buyers myself. What are peoples opinion on this?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On my private cars, I write 'Self service'' and date/mileage in pencil and keep the reciepts for the parts.

I'd never dream of doing that for a sales car though, the customers would never believe a car dealer saying that! lol.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I've always filled myne out. Friend of myne services his own car to and even has his own dodgey stamp made up from vista print.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah I write mine down, helps remember when next is due.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I tend to write intermediate oil change info in the margin, more as a reminder for me for when it's done.

If I ever sell it I'm not too bothered if anyone believes me.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Take stamps with a pinch of salt. Seen a very fraudulent service book recently, all stamped up by a former trader (now using different trading name). Stamps from 2 years before they existed

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Don't think mine has been stamped since 63k, now on 92k. But got all receipts to prove which mean more to most people.