ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filters

what filters and holders should i use with a sig 10-20 and 70-200 wanting gnd mainly but any others worth a punt ?

Cupra
Pete Eos is probably the man to answer this one.

I just downloaded the Tiffen filter plug in for photoshop as a trial. Not quite the real thing but it does give you a good idea of what things do.

Might be worth a shot?

cool shall give it a look but really need the propper ones would rather get it right first rather than have to f**k about later

Cupra
Totally agree. I just mean it is handy to experiment with the effects a ND grad filter has over a colour filter etc etc. It has the precise codings for the filters too.

VaVa
If you only buy one get a CPL. Mines never off tbh.

As ducky says, it depends what you want to acheive. I was given an 81C which I use for sunsets sometimes.

IMG_2542small.gif

i was thinking gnd for trying to avoid overblown skys in thailand really and what ever else may be of use over there asw they are cheap there

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was thinking gnd for trying to avoid overblown skys in thailand really and what ever else may be of use over there asw they are cheap there

make sure u dont get a ladyboy/chick with a dick, could be a bit of a shock... unless ur in to that... i mean i seen pics of u in a dress ffs lol

On the cheap the Cokin P Wide Angle holder and a Cokin 2stop soft GDN but this is a Grey ND and not neutral so I'd spend a little more and get some Hi-Tech GND's for the Cokin holder.

what about the lee system i read its bit better quality than the cokin in build quality although costs a little more

Was going to say if you have a higher budget the Lee system looks very good, its on my wish list, looking at nearly 200 notes though for a setup with 1 ND & 1GND. You can also combine the Lee system with some Hi-techs to save about £50.

lee foundation kit £46
pro kit £88
adapter rings it says 49-77 £30 unsure if thats each though !
lee ND set £130
lee cpl £105
then you need the adapter to fit the cpl lol

lee foundation kit £46
pro kit £88
adapter rings it says 49-77 £30 unsure if thats each though !
lee ND set £130
lee cpl £105
then you need the adapter to fit the cpl lol

Ouch, as much as I hate my Cokin setup for under £30 it was quite a bargain lol

oh and that'll be £30 for each individual adapter ring and you'll need to make sure you get the special Wide Angle version for the 10-20..

yeah if that each thats just for teh 77mm uwa adapter the normal are less than 15 each then

oh and those are hong kong prices too