ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally changed it

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
just about on its last legs!!! lol

oldnew.jpg

heatshield.jpg

suprised you're still on the standard cast manifold?

gotta love tiewraps holding things together :D

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
its the best one mate belive it or not! the willy one it came with is not as good, and it threw a wobbly when a supersprint one was fitted!

GuyS said:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
haha that was a custom bit of kit to hold the heatshield together! hehe!!

GuyS said:

gotta love tiewraps holding things together :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
about 10 seconds from that pic lol!

i was just marking the drill holes out, it needs bolting in yet!

1996 Valver
Cool-----you any idea how much Renault ask for these??? Trying to get a s/h one for ages but couldn't find one!!!
Mine doesn't have one at the mo, the brakes fade really easily, even though I have just fitted st/st lines disks and pads all round...plus a change of fluid.......will the heat from the manifold cause the brakes to fade???

RB 182 Cup
woah the old one was pretty shabby, where you get the new one and how much???, as i fear my also looks like its been used for cooking christmas dinner.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
heatsheild was a tenner ;)

been after one second hand for ages, and found a bargain in the end! I was gonna make one from alloy, but would rather have the proper one!

it will heat ur brake fluid up without one, id get one on asap mate!

cars going for MOT tomorrow. then just needs taxing!

Few changes, mainly inside, les weight, few **** bits and bobs, different wheels, lower, got some more plans but been an expensive couple of months so not got a lot of spare cash!

at some point its going in for some bottom end work, and a remap, etc. Might as well get the full potential out of it, as its limited at the mo with the bottom end being completely standard!

not driven it for 3 month nearly now! hopefully be back on the road this week

front.jpg

320d
Cool so cosmetically its finished?

Private plate? something subtle like N### BHP ;)

Have you knocked out the front indicators secondary lense for the crystal effect?

You've got to come to the FCS this year so i can see it (and hear it) in the metal!

1996 Valver
Thanks guys, looks like i'm off to Renault soon for a new heatsheild......may try wanted section first

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
not quite, these wheels are only on temporarily like, plate is going back to original one for now, as previous owner wants his private one back. only had the car 6 months lol!

got a full cup roll cage to go in, bit of paint on sills where they have been painted black, erm not sure what else, i think thats it for now, as i need to start saving some cash up instead of spending it all! lol

Not sure about lenses, i thought they were standard

Should be at FCS matey! :D

Rich_16v said:
Cool so cosmetically its finished?

Private plate? something subtle like N### BHP ;)

Have you knocked out the front indicators secondary lense for the crystal effect?

You've got to come to the FCS this year so i can see it (and hear it) in the metal!

I'd be interested in seing the beast at fcs.
My little bro might have a 106gti by then so I will prob be going to it.

320d
Sounds great, a black cage would really compliment the B&W theme

This is what i mean about the lenses

Before:
DSCF0016.jpg

After:
desktop.gif

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
rich, ah cool, isee looking sweet!! not sure if mine have been done tbh!

i was thinking white cage actually, but still undecided! its white at the mo, but needs a powdercoat anyway like. hmmmm decisions!!

fred - i know mate, looks toss lol. i have plans for something a lot neater, just getting round to it thats the prob like!

but yeh it is very functional, just looks poo! im sure kids point at it too! hehe

your old heatshiled looks in good nick compared to mine :D

front.jpg

might just be an illusion but your motor looks a bit lower at one side than the other. have you just fitted new suspension or anything ?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
your right pal! i lowered one side a bit more, then tried to do the other and it had some trouble! never changed the other back again! cant find the bloody tool now!! need to sort it tho!

320d
If you did powder coat the cage white you could possibly wrap it in black tape in the style of the yellow/black hazard warning tape sort of zebra style or vice versa Black with white tape.

Would take ages to do it properly but theres a matt black mini round my way with a yellow/black bumble bee style cage... looks good imo