ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First clean of my new BM..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Got my new car any particular recommendations for first wash / wax ?

Metalic Black

Should i wax it straight away ? with what ?

106 GTi
Brand new ? Any swirl marks ?

Autoglym Super Resin, Autoglym Extra Gloss and a nice coat od Swissvax Onyx Carnuba Wax would be my routine.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BRAND NEW Sapphire black metalic....no swirls

Ag SRP tends to creat lot of chalk not good on black is that the only recommendation. Do you have to do all that ? What about the new AG deep gloss stuff ?

Any particular wax preference ? how long will it last ?

Sorry for the questions.

106 GTi
SRP only dusts due to user error, applied to thickly and not worked properly.

Right amout, worked until there is no residue to remove. Anything you have to wipe of it waste product. The UDS is a poor product in comparison.

The above combo I suggested of Autoglym Super Resin, Autoglym Extra Gloss and a nice coat of Swissvax Onyx Wax will be good for 3 plus months.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Right amout, worked until there is no residue to remove. Anything you have to wipe of it waste product. The UDS is a poor product in comparison.

The above combo I suggested of Autoglym Super Resin, Autoglym Extra Gloss and a nice coat of Swissvax Onyx Wax will be good for 3 plus months.

Whats best diamondbright , supaguard etc.............. worth it ?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I find if you take a small square of sponge and put a little SRP on it this is the best way to apply it. Work it into the sponge and then use the sponge to put a thin coat on the paint. You should hardly be able to see it and it shouldn't look white. Then when you take it off again you shouldn't get any dusting and the finish is good. Also a sponge allows you to work neatly around trim/seals as you don't want wax on them. I generally find "less is best" with most products. It also saves you a fortune.

Mercedes C Class Sport
BRAND NEW Sapphire black metalic....no swirls

Ag SRP tends to creat lot of chalk not good on black is that the only recommendation. Do you have to do all that ? What about the new AG deep gloss stuff ?

Any particular wax preference ? how long will it last ?

Sorry for the questions.
My dads got a 8 month old 7 series in sapphire black, and its such a nice colour - great choice!
The only small negative for him is it picks up dirt so much more than any other cars

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135

Definitely not! Did you get offerend the new Seal & Protect product when you bought this car? They won't even let me try a bottle at the moment, tight buggers!;)

Apparently it is pretty good though, but for that money you could get a really high-end wax.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Definitely not! Did you get offerend the new Seal & Protect product when you bought this car? They won't even let me try a bottle at the moment, tight buggers!;)

Apparently it is pretty good though, but for that money you could get a really high-end wax.

Didnt offer anything....

Should i just give it the full works then..? if so what ?

Already got some minor scratches on the boot from the first wash.......

Mito Sportiva 135

Didnt offer anything....

Should i just give it the full works then..? if so what ?

Already got some minor scratches on the boot from the first wash.......

Yeh you will need to protect the paint or it won't stay looking new for long! Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Extreme Gloss Protection and a wax such as Chemical Guys 50/50 or P21s. Make sure to protect the wheels too.

Shame they didn't offer you Seal & Protect, someones not doing their job! Probably overpriced though like most of these products as they charge a lot for the labour to apply it, when you could probably do it yourself anyway.

A slow one :-(
I'd either go for :

AG SRP + AG EGP + a good wax

Or the Klasse Twins + a good wax.

I used AG + Collinite on my mums black TT and it came up a treat and has lasted very very well.

Although you may want to try a more expensive wax... but all depends on your budget I'd guess.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'd either go for :

AG SRP + AG EGP + a good wax

Or the Klasse Twins + a good wax.

I used AG + Collinite on my mums black TT and it came up a treat and has lasted very very well.

Although you may want to try a more expensive wax... but all depends on your budget I'd guess.

Collinite has a really good glossy finish I think, but slighly mutes the metallic flake. Perfect for Winter (or 9 months of the year realistically in England!) and as it is dark most the time you can't really notice this anyway.

A slow one :-(
Yeah, tbh the Collinite was used for the durability... I'm on the market for a new wax/sealant for the summer.

Nearly out of P21S and am getting a bit bored of it.

Tempted with either a load of Clearkote products or going for an entry level Swissol/Zymol wax.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I'd suggest a base coat of Carlack/Klasse All In One topped with selant glaze. This give amazing clarity and flake pop to black paint.

You can then top with a wax to give that wetter look if desired. There's a few examples in the gallery page on my website.

Cheers Tim