ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Time Polishing.

Hi guys, was a bit better weather today so decided I would give polishing a go as I've never tried to do it before lol.
And here's the results :) All done by Hand, I want it to be more reflective.

IMAG0121_zps6e57950a.jpg

IMAG0124_zpsfe619c5b.jpg

Lowered on the Back Now :)
Just need some centre caps.

IMAG0127_zpse5eb7f40.jpg

Flat rear Tyre...
IMAG0123_zpsc661300a.jpg

And Removed the "Renault ELF" sticker, never really liked it so Its gone lol

IMAG0129_zps94d4d333.jpg

04BGFF182CLIORS
Erm. Ok.

I was expecting a proper DA/PC session, not just some hand applied Autoglym. Looks nice mind, will you be lowering the front to suit?

04BGFF182CLIORS
Well its my first time polishing like what so ever so needed to get the basics first.
and yeh 50mm springs on the way.

Sounds good, always wise to start with the basics. (I didnt mean my comment in a negative way btw!)

Rather you then me polishing in this weather though lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Rendering what he has done as pointless

autoglym hd wax, you'll have it for years.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Its like £30. :|
Anything else I could use lol

Seal it with Auto Finesse Tough Coat. Spray it on, leave it a few minutes and wipe it off - job done. Looks fantastic too. If you're up for spending a bit of cash, get Auto Finesse Tripple, it's a polish and has a bit of protection in it too. Then apply Tough Coat over the top of that. Polished, protected, then extra protected.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol, impressed you didn't bite. You used exactly the same as I did on my Clio a few years back. Great products :)

RB Clio 182
That should do for a few week mate.

I used that on mine last week but im going to give it a coat of wax this weekend as the finish doesnt look as good with sealant imo.

Sealant looks like it gives the paintwork a lighter glossy look imo, where as wax makes it nice and deep with a wet look.

Just my experience.

That should do for a few week mate.

I used that on mine last week but im going to give it a coat of wax this weekend as the finish doesnt look as good with sealant imo.

Sealant looks like it gives the paintwork a lighter glossy look imo, where as wax makes it nice and deep with a wet look.

Just my experience.

Fair enough ayeee, Thats why I dont want to use the wax ish, The monaco is already dark and theres no sun to make the paint look brighter :L So the Sealant should do good :)

Volvo XC60 T8
You've only lowered the back? Interesting handling.....

Invest in some wax, will make Monaco blue look epic.

RB Clio 182
The Sealant just dried so went and buffed it, Fair play. Looks alot better lol

Didnt take a picture cos its dark already :(

It will be protected now which is the whole point, the next time you clean the car it will seem easier as the dirt should wash off it easier, thats if you pressure wash or snowfoam it 1st.

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I started off with a couple of bits and now have a small collection lol, so easy to do. Just bought a 1l bottle of the new srp and a applicator pad off my local autoglym rep, for the grand some of ten pound :)

iceberg phase 2 172
lol agree'd , detailing gear is definatley my guilty pleasure, can spend hours buying new stuff online . to the op , smooth peanut butter is a good cheap alternative to back to black , and polished bliss currently have 3 for 2 on the autofinesse range :)

lol agree'd , detailing gear is definatley my guilty pleasure, can spend hours buying new stuff online . to the op , smooth peanut butter is a good cheap alternative to back to black , and polished bliss currently have 3 for 2 on the autofinesse range :)
Haha im not putting peanut butter on my car :L! ill have dogs chasing after me :L Just got to wait till payday cos i've already bought £200+ worth of stuff and repairs to the car this month :L

as thick as i am...how often can you polish your car and wax it ?

You should polish before your wax, but it won't need doing until the wax stops protecting. That then depends on how long your wax lasts. Polishing before your wax 'wears off' is counter-productive, because you'll just be removing it to apply more.

Weekly, I do
You polish weekly? Why?!

Jared, have a look at the guides in the detailing section if you really want to make it look good, decontamination, better protection etc.

If you are buying products from Halfords then make sure you pick up some Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel.

Fire some questions in the detailing chat and questions thread if you have any!

Last edited: