ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First try at HDR

S4 Avant
seen some awsome pics using this, and thought id have a go at it... first off i assumed it was just an effect in photoshop, then searched the site and found its more complicated, so eventually found software (no prizes for guessing which) and had a go on the forklift at work while i was bored. any tips/comments would be appreciated

1st_HDR_attempt.jpg

RS 172
Not too bad, but it doesnt really show the effect too well. Need a shot with natural light to really pull it off, as it helps bring the dark blacks and the bright whites together.

Just remember to tone it down too. HDR is just a tool to make your shots pop, not to make an HDR photo. If its overdone, you get 'halos' and colour bleed which dont look good. Ends up looking like an oil painting. You can see some haloing above where the top of the forklift is against the grey wall.

Good job though mate, can only get better :D.

RS 172
Looks like Photomatix to me, can torrent it from most places and crack it so you dont have the watermark.

S4 Avant
thanks for the comments, i know what you mean about the halos, and should really have been outdoors, but the guys working on their trucks would have thought i was a bit strange stood their with a tripod taking pictures of a forklift lol.

software i used was photomatix, look closely and you'll see the watermarks... and just google it to find it

LY 182 FF CUPPED
good effort mate
as said though...try to tame down the HALO effect.
pm'd you a little goodie too