ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer - keep exterior standard or tweek?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
After the forums opinion really. I have a completely standard ph2 flamer 172 (well standard externally ;)) bar the splitter, spacers and Bilsteins. Photos here;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?612638-Cub-172-s-Flamer-Project

In the long term its going to be stripped internally for some lightening, roll cage and bucket seat action. Roll cage likely to be yellow if I go down the yellow route, with yellow dash inserts and sabelt / OMP yellow and black steering wheel. Its got me thinking whether to do some subtle yellow exterior tweeks. Wheels will stay standard, but when I say subtle I mean bullets in flame red with yellow lettering, yellow brake calipers and potentially yellow badges although this may be a step too far? Its going to be getting ITB's this year, so will have aerocatches but I'm going to get sprayshack to do those flame red to try to blend them with the bonnet as much as possible.

I'm also planning to add some yellow to the engine bay (strut brace and potentially hoses).

So, do I keep plain OEM+ on the outside, or start adding some yellow? Over to you guys, all opinions welcome.

Punto/Clio GTT
personally i dont think yellow/red are a good match, they dont compliment each other on the colour spectrum

i think reds suited much better to darker highlights. black/dark gray etc. its common, but its because it looks the best

a red car with dark gray cage, inserts, badges etc always look the nuts. whereas a dark coloured car (black/dark blue/gray, look good with colourful accents

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mmmm, you may be right. I haven't really given it a huge amount of thought to be honest. Hence me asking on here I suppose.....

I'll get searching see if I can dig out some flamers with differing accents.....if you know any can you point me in their direction please....

My flamer has standard exterior. With white wheels, I like it but never seen a ph2 with white.

Most go for anthracite, dark greys and black.

See my progress thread for pics, hard to post links on phone lol.