ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flashed from infront!

Abarth Grande Punto

Yeah,

I was driving down the a tonight and i see the camera facing towards me so for the opposite traffic and the b*****d thing flashed at me, this wasnt sum super new cameras just a standard gatso.

Canu get busted still?

well some cameras are set up to take a picture from the front to try and get your face on the picture, so if it was watching traffice on your side of the motorway then yeah. they can bust u

:(

but.. were u speeding? :)

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi

you will be safe if your lane was the third lane or fourth lane over from the camera...if you were on a normal a - road...and on your side you had painted white lines on the road then you may get a fine...

if it is a truevelo camera it takes pics of the front of cars

some can even be turned round to catch the opposite side of the carriageway from the side they are on

Elise/VX220/R26

whats more dangrous? An innocent motorist or an innocent motorist suddenly having a big flashing light in his/her eyes when driving?

Let me guess you werent driving outside a school or playing fields or anything? Probably a fast moving A road? Thought so....

truvelo cameras take pics of the front of the car (when approaching the camera - but can also take pics of the rear of the car)

gatso cameras take pics of the rear of the car (after passing the camera)

specs cameras take pics of the front of the car, but time you between any two given points (whenever they like, you will never know until the court summons arrives on the welcome mat)

hope this clears it up

yeah wont get you if its a gatso, its illegal becasue of the flash, thats why truvelo flashes red (or infra rad?) so they can get your (ugly) mug.

sometimes are known to go off though. tw*tty machines.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Like every other machine out there, they are not infallable as they were created by humans.

i say burn all the cameras! and whats worse they have f**king police sitting on the top of bridges on motorways at 11:00 waiting for someone to go over 70mph! its absolutly pethetic!

Lee

There is a Gatso in Bournemouth on the Wessex way that is flashing on comming cars. I find the idea of this double flash occuring at night time quite disturbing. If a motorcyclist was also driving towards the driver it would be quite understandable for a driver to be temporarily blinded and not see the rider, thus possibly causing a fatal accident.

Be interesting to know if this is a legal way to position the camera.

silver valver/hybrid

there are loads of front facing cameras round west mids/south staffordshire. Lee M will know the one, by the McDonalds in Cannock, it was just for the one side of the road and i set it off a few times coming the other way cus it was set ridiculously low (i got flashed at 25mph by it once) then later on they just added lines to the other side of the road to flash the oncoming traffic. Also quite a few on the A5 near Tamworth, most of em hidden behind trees.

2012 WRX Waggon

anyone see that on telly about the dutch coppers, who hide speed cameras in wheely bins at the side of the road!!!!

Rise of the machines!!!!! Its like terminator. All these machines taking over our roads, trying to destroy the innocent motorist. Where the hell is John Conner when you need him??

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 17 August 2003

Rise of the machines!!!!! Its like terminator. All these machines taking over our roads, trying to destroy the innocent motorist. Where the hell is John Conner when you need him??
innocent motorist! Good catch all the tailgaters, over 90 crew and dangerous drivers! :D