ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Follow up to problems...

06 Clio 1.5DCi
Previously i posted a thread about warranty, and whether getting a second opinion would have voided my warranty, well i got the second opinion and it was that a new PSR wheel bearing was needed, Stub axel, top strut mounts and a clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder - so with this information known i got in touch with my dealer, and told him of what "my friend" told me - so they took the car, gave me a courtesy, and said they would be in touch when it was done (that was last wednesday) - well they finally got the car back to me yesterday and said it was all fixed, bar one thing which has been ordered in but has not arrived yet (a pin for the clutch, but they have a stop gap in place for the meantime).

I asked for the old parts that came out, so the mechanic was sent out and asked why - i just said to "furutre reference" - to which i got the reply, "there is a new rear axel in the car - are you sure you want to take it with you" so i decided not to, but wanted the rest of the parts, which i got - well the top strut mounts and the bushings (so turns out that there was no new clutch master cylinder or pedal - they are chaning the bushings and pins - which touch wood has fixed the noise so far)

However, when i was driving the car home i noticed the steering wheel wasnt straight, and was heavy, so took it to a guy who i buy tyres through, and who also alligns my steering etc, and asked him to allign it for me which he did, but when the car was up on the ramp we looked at the "new" rear axel - unless they come pre-rusted with CLIO written on them in some form of white marker then i'd be pretty certain in saying that me "new" rear axel was infact from a breakers yard.

What i am wondering folks is - do i demand a reason as to why they put second hand parts in my car? or is this normal practice with a second hand car? As far as i was aware they were getting Renault parts, which they did, but they aren't new. So i would imagine that my "new" wheel bearing and "new" stub axel are in fact the whole back end of an old clio.

Thoughts anyone?

RB FF 182
Lee, ass back down now to get the riot act read to them.

Thats defo came from a breakers.

C.A.B. would also be a good one, if you ask for the one in Newtownabbey, ask for Dorothy and tell her I sent you :) She's good at what she does!