ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fooking swirls......

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well it is to the point that WHEN i wash it i just end up getting annoied and fed up that it still looks sh*t because of all the swirls that i just give up

as said thats WHEN i wash it...got to the point that it annoies me so much i just can't bothered to start...

it was pc'd in the summer and looked mint and now it looks rubbish...i use 2 bucket methods...and wax / polish etc...still looks sh*t

106 GTi
What have you been using to wash it with - Lambswool mitts?

I was as carefull as I could with mine and still managed to marr it over the last 6 months - a couple of car shows without washing may have been a factor. Just got a foam gun to see if that helps.

BMW E46 330i Touring
As I've already said mate, noticed them even on mine, where they barely show on silver. Was PC'd weeks before your's I think...

Pat it dry, you know you want to!

mine is doing the same neil, could see my self investing in a pc in the new year i think

ST
What have you been using to wash it with - Lambswool mitts?

I was as carefull as I could with mine and still managed to marr it over the last 6 months - a couple of car shows without washing may have been a factor. Just got a foam gun to see if that helps.

It does a bit when the car is pure filth matey...tho nothing will stop scratches and swirls 100%...fvck it, its a clio lol....

Well those thoughts last for about 10 seconds then i cry n kick things lol..

Alan.

Guys how long do you spend washing your cars I can go 6 months with only inducing minor swirls but it does take me an hour and a half to do a basic wash lol!!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
u lot are always on about pc, i have a thigny that has 2 handles and a spiny bit lol with a fluffy cover on it, is this just as good as a pc?

BMW Z4 3.0i
I take 15 mins washing the alloys with a cloth and then 9-12 mins in the jetwash at the petrol station depending on how dirty it is.

Black/Gold 182
I don't think you can avoid them. Woolmitts are nearly as bad as sponges in my experience if you get any crap caught in them (even with two bucket method). I've gone to a soft brush for washing using 2 bucket method which I've found least damaging. The marks in mine aren't really swirls but long, straight scratches in the clearcoat.

I think Renault paint is also crap. I've got a supposedly clearcoat safe Megs detail brush and I've marred mine with that. Definitely never buying a black car again.

What really annoys me is the wife's got a 53 plate Civic in silver which only ever gets washed with a sh*tty old sponge, gets left with bird crap on it and generally abused and that cleans up fine with no noticeable swirls or anything.

It's partly why I'm interested in permaguarding (the other factor being laziness).

Last edited: