ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For All You Shiney Car Gurus

RS Clio 200
how should i be doing my car?

at the moment, it gets a clay and polish (2 coats) and 2 coats of wax every 6 months.
in between that it gets a wash and wax every week.

should i be waxing every week? and what do you guys do to keep ure babys looking so damn good?

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hey,

This is the way I do it.

Wheels first, then wash with the 2 bucket method.
(First give the car a nice little spray down to loosen the dirt a little)
While drying it with a dedicated drying towel Give it a spritz of some QD I have various ones, this helps to stop streaks and makes it less prone to starches I like many other people pat it dry rather than dragging the towel around the paint work.

If I have time I’ll top the wax up, with what wax you like, If you don’t have time just give it a final run down with a QD and a MF cloth.

I’m sure there will be bits that I have missed as I’ve had a rather late night!

Thomas :D

RB 182
I tend to do a 'proper' wax every few weeks if I can and a 'quick' wax like OCW at least after every wash.

I do it the same as Thomas though I use a foam gun to loosen the dirt (more fun lol).

106 GTi
Weekly routine for me depends really on time.

Normal routine is hose of lose dirt, wash the paintwork with 2 bucket method and lambswool mitts, rinse with Autoglym Autogloss rinse and a sheeted of water from the hose. Dry with a waffle weaves towels and a spritz of Meguiars last touch quick detailer.

Wash wheels with car wash solution, wash mitt and Halfords wheel brush. Spray in arches and tyres with Meguiars all purpose cleaner and scrub, rinse and dry.

Quick detail the paintwork, clean the glass and dress the tyres.

Wipe the interior trim down with with damp Microfiber and or Interior Quick detailer. Wipe down leather and alcantara with a damp cloth.

If time allows apply a coat of spray sealant like Optimum Car wax and or a coat of carnuba wax.

Bigger details:

Once a year clay, paint cleaner, deep clean machine polish and swirl remove, sealant and wax. Clean under body.

Once ever 2-3 months or before a show or event. Light polish or Glaze by hand or machine, re-apply sealnt and wax. Deep clean of the wheel arches, polish and seal the wheels. Clean and UV protect all interior plastics with a good dressing. Clean and condition/treat the leather.

Before winter apply 2 or 3 layers of a decent sealnt and top with heavy wax.

106 GTi
gfcbobo said:
how should i be doing my car?

at the moment, it gets a clay and polish (2 coats) and 2 coats of wax every 6 months.
in between that it gets a wash and wax every week.

should i be waxing every week? and what do you guys do to keep ure babys looking so damn good?

Every week is not a bad thing! Once a month with most waxes is fine though.

This maybe handy too

http://www.cliosport.net/forum//showthread.php?t=148366