ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Hellas with love

AR Giulia Veloce Ti
Hi to everyone
After a while without a project car, I decided to start a light, FWD, NA one.
After some research, and given the fact that the only Clio my family never owned, is the mk2 ph1, I decided to proceed with the 172 ph1.
Right now I'm still studying any source of information, while checking local cars until I decide which I should buy.
My goal is to built a car less than a ton, with 200ps. My kids should be very happy playing with so many parts...
I'm a mechanical engineer and I have a machine shop plus a small equipped garage.
Anyway, have a nice day and see you around.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Fantastic, really interested to see what you do. There was a chap who did a very light and powerful build I think his user name was @RuskiWeldFab (although I thought "Fab" was something else...).
Might be worth asking him about some weight loss tips?

AR Giulia Veloce Ti
Hi again
Yesterday night after a small trip, I returned with a silver 172 ph1, 193.600 Km (120k miles), mostly unmodified, good condition, lot of minor issues.
Driving position unbearable as expected (6'4").
It took me less than an hour to achieve weight target😜... (new target 950kg).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea 200ps is the more difficult target to hit, the engines don't tune amazingly well. 200ps will cost a fair bit, and you'll need to check your engine still has good compression and is in top health.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hi again
Yesterday night after a small trip, I returned with a silver 172 ph1, 193.600 Km (120k miles), mostly unmodified, good condition, lot of minor issues.
Driving position unbearable as expected (6'4").
It took me less than an hour to achieve weight target😜... (new target 950kg).
Welcome!

My old Ph1 was 950kg with fuel and driver. 210PS.

It went very well!

I had the parts to get it down to 900kg with fuel and driver but I sold it before I had the chance to fit them.