ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FTP Client for XP

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Need to upload php files to a server, does anybody know of an FTP client that allows you to set the default permissions on a file by type.

for example, I need all my php files to have the permission 760 by default, no world access is very important!

I can't seem to find a windows one which says that it has this feature. I need it because otherwise I'll forget to set them when I change stuff or add new files and then the source will be accessable by other users on the server.

Megane 230 R26
Regardless of whether you find a client that will automatically chmod files for you by type, you should really set recursive permissions on the directory so that they are automatically applied to files, just to be on the safe side.

Like you say it'd be bad if your PHP scripts became world-readable, and in theory (however unlikely) if you're getting the FTP client to automatically chmod files, there will be a brief moment when they're readable between completion of the upload, and the setting of the permissions... or a not-so-brief moment if you happen to lose your connection at that moment!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Regardless of whether you find a client that will automatically chmod files for you by type, you should really set recursive permissions on the directory so that they are automatically applied to files, just to be on the safe side.

Like you say it'd be bad if your PHP scripts became world-readable, and in theory (however unlikely) if you're getting the FTP client to automatically chmod files, there will be a brief moment when they're readable between completion of the upload, and the setting of the permissions... or a not-so-brief moment if you happen to lose your connection at that moment!

I can't set the appropriate permissions on the parent folder because the server setup requires "world read access" on the folders, which obviously propogates down.

My only option is to chmod the files after uploading to take away world readability.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Transmit on the mac does it, why can't any decent windows client do it??!