ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Games for lower spec Ultrabook

I’m on a training course soon and taking my Ultrabook with me for, so looking for some games which are obviously not processor heavy due to its specs.

Maybe some sort of FPS if possible or role playing games, anything I can just jump in to at any point (anything along the lines of battlefield/COD/Fallout etc will lower requirements!).

Any recommendations that will run smoothly enough?

Specs:

Windows 8 64bit
6GB DDR3 System Memory at 1600MHz (on BD 4GB + 2GB x 1)
1 SODIMMIntel® Core™ i3 Processor 3217U (1.80GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Intel HM76
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
128GB Solid-state Drive

Thanks!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anything source based will run fine tbh.

Half Life 2
Portal 2
L4D 2
Counter Strike Source
Dota 2

Source engine is quite old now and pretty much any computer can run them.

I'd also suggest the Command & Conquers. I still play Red Alert 2 now and again :cool:

All C&C's made for a mere £10 - http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/comm...d-key-origin?gclid=CNuQit-v570CFefMtAod8mUArg

:)

Wilkeh summed up a good spread there. Others I can think of are:-

• Jagged Alliance 2 (an acquired taste but pretty good)
  • Kingdom Rush - if you like tower defense games?
  • Broforce - still in pre-release but a good 2D game
  • Altitude
  • FTL - Faster than Light
  • Heroes of Might & Magic 3 Complete - excellent, excellent RPG that will run with no hassles on your spec. HOMM4 was utter s**te, and the HOMM5 and 6 releases are graphically quite heavy.
  • Serious Sam 1 & 2
  • Titan Quest : Immortal Throne - at a pinch
  • Unreal Tournament 2004

All the above are available through Steam (except HOMM3 I think?), but the prices maybe in yo-yo mode. Some older titles might be at silly expensive prices, for example.

edit - HOMM3 and 4 can be bought on budget labels now..... :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heroes-of...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item461ddb8da3

D.

I will look in to the above. Downloaded team fortress 2, incredible fun for free! Works flawless on the ultrabook even with maxed out online multiplayer.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was pretty cool and will run on a potato.

So will Live For Speed, but that's a racing game and is a bit hard to learn on keyboard.