ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gauges not working :(

TT 225

Out of the three gauges on my Willy - My Oil Level and Temperature have both stopped working - yet my oil pressure gauge still works

Does anyone know if these two are linked together and use the same sensor thing? Im guessing the sensor is in the sump too?

the oil level gauge has got the circuit board on that, the other 2 plug nito that, so obviously the level gauge is the most expensive to replace, dunno about hte sensors thou

TT 225

Thanks :) Now im just wondering why one of them is still working if all three are linked together? :s

Thinki pull the dash apart at weekend and check the connectors and stuff... only thing i can think of doing thats free!

Kelly, I get a similar intermittent problem with the gauges on my Williams

Every now and again the oil temperature gauge will stop working, but then seems to spring back into life after a while. Been meaning to get it replaced, but I never seem to get round to it - anyone any idea where I can get replacements (at cheaper than Renault prices if poss)?

As regards the oil level gauge, mine only works when you first start up the car (or put the ignition in the start position). It registers the oil level (and is usually fairly accurate when compared to a manual check) then simply returns to the bottom for the rest of the journey - which kinda makes sense if you think about it.

Doubt that will be of much help, but I thought Id throw in my two pennies worth anyway

Cheers Mike

TT 225

BurnleyMike - Yea, thats how my oil level gauge used to work - now it does fcuk all, LOL

Cheers Mat :) I think this will keep me busy this weekend, hehehe

Burnleymike - Read your Williams handbook mate - The Oil level gauge works for the first 30 secs you turn the electrics on and then it drops to the bottom of the gauge - This is not a fault, this is how it is intended to work!

Rest in peace mate...THE BOZ

BMW 320d Sport

This isnt the first time this problem has come up. When I had the same sort of thing happen it was a fault simultaneously at the sensor and in the connection behind the gauge pod. Nothing that cant be fixed though.