ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox The Movie

Real mechanics there. All done by hand and a bit of brute :), then a good o'l smoke afterwards. The driver didn't even say thanks, asshole.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
ya see,he said he couldnt have done it without a rothmans cig lmao.
sure could do with him being a family member lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Awesome work that, imagine if you got that service down your local dealership

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think if you paid fixed prices for everything instead of an hourly rate the mechanics would get there arse into gear and earn more 'bonus'

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Real mechanics there. All done by hand and a bit of brute :), then a good o'l smoke afterwards. The driver didn't even say thanks, asshole.

Noticed that too - arrogant sod - assuming he said nothing elsewhere?

Failing that, I'd radio the co-driver when they were a few miles down the road and tell them I have seven bolts in my pocket, that look fairly 'important'.

D.

Noticed that too - arrogant sod - assuming he said nothing elsewhere?

Failing that, I'd radio the co-driver when they were a few miles down the road and tell them I have seven bolts in my pocket, that look fairly 'important'.

D.

Yeah, or tell the co driver that you where 'unsure if the new gearbox had any oil in it'.

:evil:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Excuse my ignorance, awesome video, but why were they doing it/who were they ? :eek:

no it was real enough - did 3 or 4 stages with only 3rd gear before the swop could be set up - I think in the rush the van(s) got a bit lost in amman - hired taxis to follow and had only a few minutes to set up before the job started - there are 2 videos - the "proper" one used in the main rally video and the ds xmas special with all the added bits unsuitable for general showing!

that video was made by barrie hinchliffe and was the 1988 jordan rally end of leg 2 with saeed al hajri - the box change took about 16 minutes

Source,

Quite interesting

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11870

330i. E30 Touring.
Meh.

Failsport have done quicker. (;

IIRC, a Subaru rally car is about 6-7 mins for a box change.