ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting clio 182 track ready

Clio 182
Hi everyone,

So just got my clio 182 running spot on do everything I need to so starting to think about what I need to do to get it track ready....

Any suggestions...

Any parts available......

If its running spot on and the suspension and chassis bushes are fresh then all you need is decent tyres and front brake pads IMO. You can even run on OE brakes and road tyres but you'll need to regulate them as they fade very easily on track.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Decent brake pads should be the first thing on your list, my first trackday I went with regular Brembo pads and the first time I stamped on the brakes I got two huge clouds of brake dust and the pedal went to the floor.

Next is decent track tyres that need heat to work, road tyres will melt.

After that i'd just do a track day and see where you think the car needs improvement, no point spending money fixing issues you might not even get.

Clio 182
At the min it has brembo hp2000 discs and ABC yellow stuff pads all round it's got coilovers updated coil pack and leads.... induction full cobra stainless decat system....ordered some Yoko ad08r are they any good?...

Thinking about front and rear strut braces poly Bush engine mounts and braided brake lines next?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
At the min it has brembo hp2000 discs and ABC yellow stuff pads all round it's got coilovers updated coil pack and leads.... induction full cobra stainless decat system....ordered some Yoko ad08r are they any good?...

Thinking about front and rear strut braces poly Bush engine mounts and braided brake lines next?

AD08R are ok. But...... they over heat quite quickly. Watch your temperatures and dependant on venue I’d stick to no more than 5/6 laps at a time. I did a cool day at Silverstone National and was overheating then after 7 laps. Personally I’d go for Toyo R888r.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

Don't bother with strut braces, spend the money on a rear ARB, braided lines are a good shout as is some decent brake fluid.