ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting out of phone contracts.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I just want a new 1 because the phone i got the contract on went swimming with me in turkey after 6 months into the contract so i'm using the contract sim in a s**te phone now (i didn't have insurance, yes i know, i'm a noob) I'm not paying for a new phone so wondered if there was sneaky ways out of contracts otherwise i guess i'll just wait it out.

Dynamique Flamer
I think the only way of getting out of it would be to ring them up and see if you could pay a settlement fee? Maybe

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I think the only way of getting out of it would be to ring them up and see if you could pay a settlement fee? Maybe

Which will be the remainder of the contract.

Most will not let you go without paying the minimum owed :(

AK

M240i
How long and how much is left on the contract?

Some companys like Phones 4 u will give you money to pay off your existing contract if you go with them. I got £200 to pay off my contact

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
How long and how much is left on the contract?

Some companys like Phones 4 u will give you money to pay off your existing contract if you go with them. I got £200 to pay off my contact

errm, like 4-5 months?

I read about that phones 4 u thing, but don't you have to give them the old handset as part of the deal?

AK

M240i
Nope you dont.

Go in and have a word; iirc they pay anything up to £200, but the more they give you the lesser spec of the phone they will give for your new contract.

So maybe pay half yourself and let phones 4 u pay the rest, then you'll still have a decent spec phone.

Best to go in and have a chat with them . . .

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What about downgrading my tariff on the phone i've got to the cheapest 1 they do, then getting a new 1 and paying them both? Would that work? Whats the cheapest tariff i could go down to from £35 a month.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I remember when 02 started charging for 0845 numbers, getting out of contracts with 10months on for free FTW

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
What about downgrading my tariff on the phone i've got to the cheapest 1 they do, then getting a new 1 and paying them both? Would that work? Whats the cheapest tariff i could go down to from £35 a month.

Not sure if it's the same accross all providers, but Orange only let you downgrae 1 tarrif at a time. So if you were on £35 p/month, it could take you 4 months to get down to £15 p/month, which was their cheapest.

In short, they have you by the balls, and if I were you, I'd just stick it out.

Is it a 12 or 18 month contract? 18 month contracts usually allow upgrade after 15.

Dynamique Flamer
I have got some pink thing was cheaper because it was pink :eek: I actually like the fact its quite simple tbh i have over a year left on my contract though :(