ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf GTi convertable

53 Clio's & counting
We have had this in the showroom for a little while, so thought id chuck up a few pictures

2012-08-25084302.jpg

2012-08-25084307.jpg

2012-08-25084339.jpg

2012-08-25084357.jpg

2012-08-25084407.jpg

2012-08-25084416.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really really dislike that.

I think the wheels date it as well as they were on the mk5.

Normal hatchback for me please.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Meh, I have no strong feelings either way about it. Safe to say however if I was in the market for a Golf GTI I'd pass right over this and go for the hatch.

320d
To go against the grain, I like it as a product rather than a car. In that it will sell well, and be a great car to a lot of people. Just not enthusiasts.

BlackGold 182
Wheels look awful on that, only the rear end looks like a gti should. Just looks like its not been done in the factory tbh

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why do GTIs have such terrible seats!

And when will VW learn about that volume knob with the power logo that turns, that's a good enough reason for me to never buy a VW.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not surprised it's still in the showroom.. I mean really? :dead:

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Why do GTIs have such terrible seats!

And when will VW learn about that volume knob with the power logo that turns, that's a good enough reason for me to never buy a VW.

Its to do with the original Golf GTi's having the tartan!

As for that - f**king awful.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll be honest, I could have had black leather seats in an identical Gti to mine, but chose the tartan :) It's a pleasant change from leather/alacantra!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's so s**t. Reminds of the A3 cab also, same s**t. Terrible idea imo.

Should have saved their cab idea for their sports car that's been talked about.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really can not stand the new shape golfs I've been driving lately.

100% agree with the power button logo spinning. Properly irritating. Not to mention the 70mph speed exceeded thing coming up on the dash even though you're not doing 70.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The seats are the only thing I actually like in that. Gives a bit of character to an otherwise very lifeless looking car.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Love the tartan seats. A nice bit of retro. I would also love old xr3i patterned seats in the ZS fiesta or something.

An orange one
Awful in every way, shape, overall image, wheels and in particular those seats I HATE them

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Russ how true are the talks of a Golf R cab? I think for what they are they look great.

spyshots-volkswagen-golf-r-cabriolet-medium_7.jpg

1golfrcabrio2.jpg

golfrcabrio4.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Russ how true are the talks of a Golf R cab? I think for what they are they look great.

spyshots-volkswagen-golf-r-cabriolet-medium_7.jpg

1golfrcabrio2.jpg

golfrcabrio4.jpg

IMO il be suprised if it comes of anything mate - we are hearing bits and pieces come through, but I can only really see it viable if the GTi cab really takes off, then a higher powered version might be a good seller - unsure if they could keep the 4wd mind, as im really unsure what the boot space woould end up like with the shaping of the floorpan required, plus the extra weight involved