ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Runabout - Discuss ?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Just sold the 172 :(

Main reason being the amount of miles I do per week, so thinking of getting something better suited. However doesnt need to be exciting by any means but what I would like most, would be

• MPG
  • Try and not make a loss when it comes to sell
Probaly have to be decent insurance aswell but ideally would like a car I can run for a good few months (6 -8) and try and make a very small if not no loss on the car when I come to sell it.

Any thoughts ? :)

Ben

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
306 Hdi. Get a D turbo spec and lower it and it will be cheap and look well smart too.

Charged Superleggera
police_volvos70t5_marked_web2.jpg

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
^ looks lovely, had a moonstone 306 similar to that a few years ago, best car iv ever owned!
Got a black HDI D-Turbo 3dr now for a runabout, very easy insured and 600 miles to a tank, with remap and de-cat got 650+ miles on my old one.

BMW M5 & E36
There aren't alot of HDI d-turbo's for below 2k when i was looking a few weeks back, some yes but generally mega miles like you'd expect. Much less money and its the older 1.9.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
What are the miles on this mate ?

306 Diesel seems highly rated then...

Is it similar to the 106 in anyway as I owned one but didnt really like it lol ?

Thanks for all the help so far

206 seems an alright package, take one out and see how you feel

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
306 HDi as Daniel says, slower than walking but cheap as chips to run

I've got one for my second car

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Like that Passat actually

If the Clio was closer I would have been tempted...good 'simple' project

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
aye clio seems like an easy car to get sorted, only a few chavvy extras. probably worth a few hundred more once sorted out as well!!

passat is a winner in my eyes.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
How much should I pay for a VW Bora, 130k on the clock, 1.9 TDI

Just test drove one seems well nice, 6 speed aswell

Its up at £2,995

172 Cup
Try looking for a high mile Skoda Octavia VRS. 1.8T's go for ever! Plus you get such a lot of car for your money.

i have just purchased a little 1.6 mk3 golf 2weeks ago for super cheap off my mate.... run around mainly till i get the car i want... oh and i couldnt help it, but ordered a set of coilovers for it.. awaits delivery :)

BMW Z4
Why not get a vts ben uve always liked them if not then i highly reccomend a crx del sol i park my car and go in Henry's they are soooo fast for a 1.6 dohc vtec too! x

When I sold the 182, I got a 306 HDi, it was the obvious choice as a run about. Costs about £200 to insure, gets about 55mpg. They seem to take everything you throw at them lol.