ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Anyone going this year?

I'm thinking of booking the Friday off work and taking the trip down, as i've not been to it before!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Me and a mate are going to try the Moving Motorshow on Thursday.

Usually go on a Sunday, but the ticket price is getting quite scary now, especially as we seem to arrive later and leave earlier with every passing year. Have agreed we are going to do it properly next year and do the weekend.

It looks that, but Si and I went for the first time last year. Got there about 9ish and left at 6 having not seen everything. It's bloody brilliant.

Friday is half the price and MarkCup is selling a Friday ticket in the for sale section.

Surely you can blag a pair?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Too true Luke. We used to get up at 5.30 and get down there before it opened, but then we got lazy in our old age and weren't rocking up until gone 11am.

The Thursday is only £20, so between the two of us, we have saved £66 towards the fuel/obligatory Pizza Hut on the way home

Edited to add: Spot on Dan, if your there for the whole day then it starts to become value for money. We want to do the weekend so we can spend time watching some cars come up the hill, which we never seem to get the time to do

Edition 30
Not going to get this year as I'm away.

Last 2 years have been awesome, weather was great 2 years ago!

Some real nice cars there to get up close and inspect.

Deffo do it!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Forget what year it was when the weather on the Sunday was appalling (was the year Charlie from PPC took his 27L Rover down). We got absolutely soaked and the fields were a mud bath, but pretty much every other year it has been super hot.

Seat Ibiza
Im planning on going Sunday with my old man! Is it different thing each day?

If so which is the best day?

Seat Ibiza
Sunday is probably the best day, It's also the busiest. Why I've decided to go there on a Friday this year.

So you basically saying i'm going to feel like a sardine?

I've never been before, do you stand where you can, or get areas given when buying tickets??

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
So you basically saying i'm going to feel like a sardine?

I've never been before, do you stand where you can, or get areas given when buying tickets??

You'll not feel like a sardine, the event is massive, and the rally stage area is very quite in places. I've been the last 3 years on the Sunday, and had a great time each year.

You can go pretty where you like bar the grandstands( unless you have a grandstand pass) and some of 'areas' are only for GRRC members.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I very nearly didn't go this year but I decided I'd probably regret not going, so I'm going on the Friday again.