ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my clay bar

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
wash car, then dry it, and get either soapy water or a synth detailer to do it with dont do it dry and cheack bar every 2/3 strokes to remove any big particles

you dont need to leave it on mate, you just sort of rub it back and forth over the lubricated area and it will pick up the tar etc..

182 has now gone!
It sounds harder to use than it is.. I did mine and my boyfriends car.. first time I had used clay (got meguires from Halfords) didnt take long at all.. if you use qd as a lubricant you can wipe the excess off the car afterwards. if you use car shampoo and water then you will have to wash the car again after.

It sounds harder to use than it is.. I did mine and my boyfriends car.. first time I had used clay (got meguires from Halfords) didnt take long at all.. if you use qd as a lubricant you can wipe the excess off the car afterwards. if you use car shampoo and water then you will have to wash the car again after.

do you want to do mine, ill pay you lol :rasp:

182 has now gone!

do you want to do mine, ill pay you lol :rasp:

Sorry I am doing my friends this weekend... :D

Chocolate Bar™
i used to use quick detailer when i used clay, but having run out i opted to use nxt tech shampoo diluted strongly into a spray bottle. imo works much better than the quick detailer and is a damn sight cheaper in the long run.

i used to use quick detailer when i used clay, but having run out i opted to use nxt tech shampoo diluted strongly into a spray bottle. imo works much better than the quick detailer and is a damn sight cheaper in the long run.

Agree.. quick detailer costs a fortune

106 GTi
Means you can clay the car without drying it first aswell, I find wash, rinse, claying with soap and water, another quick rinse and then drying, much faster than wash, dry, clay with QD and then clean up all the streaks etc left behind.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm a shampoo fan as well, save the QD for when it's needed to actually Quick Detail...

Think I might give my car a claying on Monday, I clean it but always run out of time before finishing, so the finish never lasts long. 2 days of to give it some proper love!

Mégane RS
Its sooo much hard work claying when its cold lol having to keep on warming it up etc lol

106 GTi
Bang in in the microwave first works well.

Hate claying at this time of the year tho. Spring job for me.