ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the wedding date

Fiat Panda 100hp
Just had a email from the couple, the date is 10th Oct, so plenty of time for prep work.

Just a quick query, what lenses would you ideally like to have with you?

Going to have a 50-150 (with teleconvter) and a 50mm 1.4 what else would poeple like to use?

24-105 was used ALOT by ours (on a 5d) but depends on venue as at that time of year its not going to be very bright especially indoors so it will be alot of flash work to get this exposed correctly

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yer, I'll keep it at 20mm when using the uwa. The vicar wont let me use flash, or get anywhere near the bride and groom when in the church, I would have to stand at the very back with the zoom. Vicar is an uptight old git.

I have no flash gear.. worth saving for a SB600 then maybe?

flash is a must as a church is like being closed in a cupboard with no light on lol

seems a bit odd that the vicar wont let you any where near :s you need face shots really lol

Fiat Panda 100hp
Mr Mrs's Mum got married in the same church not long back, and they had a professional tog there, and he wasn't aloud anywhere near. He managed a few taken at 200mm and high ISO, he got a nice one of the exchange of rings too.

Rally bus
70-200 f2.8 if you're doing inside pics with no flash and not allowed anywhere near the couple. No point firing a flash from the back of the church anyway.

Also best to have a flash (or two), especially in October. And a diffuser. And reflector.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I'm not buying a 70-200 as it wouldn't make it cost effective. I have 210 @ f4 which will have to do.

A reflector, really? I've never seen wedding togs with reflectors.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think you're going to really struggle with the internal shots with that setup, you need something fast or at least a camera that can do high ISO shots well.

Interior shots are hard to do at the best of times without needing to have to have some serious zoom on top.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I'm getting a D300 in a couple of weeks, so no issue there. I have 150mm of 2.8 and 210 with f4, I can't see the extra 1.2 justifying the extra £££'s.

Second body? I'd not bother with the TC (not that I shoot weddings).

It ultimately depends on your style but as a Canon shooter people generally use the 17-55 f/2.8 or 24-70 f/2.8L as their work horses depending on FF or crop. Whilst others choose to shoot with two primes like the 35L + 85L.

But don't rule out ultra wide.. love this guys work, not sure he even uses flash much but does a lot of great stuff with a 14-24 f/2.8 on full frame..
http://www.pbase.com/eminilia/wedding

I'd personally go for a 17-55 f/2.8 + long prime like the 85 f/1.8 or 100 f/2 for low light church shots and candids, think an external flash would be invaluable.

p.s. POTN wedding section is worth dropping into..
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Ian

Focus TDCi
You seen this guys work Ben? He's got some sort of connection to Amazon, wins the occasional wedding photo competition as well.

I can't really advise, as I've never done anything like this before. The closest was last weekend shooting indoors for the tennis club. Typically I was shooting between f/3.5 at 1/30th and f/11 at 1/10th. I'd just get a load of practice in before the big day, got plenty of time. :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
You seen this guys work Ben? He's got some sort of connection to Amazon, wins the occasional wedding photo competition as well.

I can't really advise, as I've never done anything like this before. The closest was last weekend shooting indoors for the tennis club. Typically I was shooting between f/3.5 at 1/30th and f/11 at 1/10th. I'd just get a load of practice in before the big day, got plenty of time. :)

Yeah, got Ryan on Flickr, his work is outstanding. He shoots with a D700 and very good lenses, he's also got some crazy post processing skills.

He makes a good living out of it too, would love to fly him over for my wedding :D

Think ill just stick with what I have plus A SB600 and either a 35mm or 50mm prime. Don't wont to spend too much as I wouldn't then be making anything on the wedding.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Second body? I'd not bother with the TC (not that I shoot weddings).

It ultimately depends on your style but as a Canon shooter people generally use the 17-55 f/2.8 or 24-70 f/2.8L as their work horses depending on FF or crop. Whilst others choose to shoot with two primes like the 35L + 85L.

But don't rule out ultra wide.. love this guys work, not sure he even uses flash much but does a lot of great stuff with a 14-24 f/2.8 on full frame..
http://www.pbase.com/eminilia/wedding

I'd personally go for a 17-55 f/2.8 + long prime like the 85 f/1.8 or 100 f/2 for low light church shots and candids, think an external flash would be invaluable.

p.s. POTN wedding section is worth dropping into..
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Loving some of the uwa shots there, really makes it work.