ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group B rally tribute

clio mk1
i love the old skool rally cars, it was more to do with the drivers not the car, my mum had a opal manta gte, white with recaro seats ect, it was ace wish i could have it now, sold it about 6 years ago for £50 lol :eek:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
some quality quotes in the manta video.

"right maybe left"

and when they clip the grass in top gear

"oh my"

Group B was awesome, probably the best motorsport thats ever existed. Nearly all my hero cars came from that era of rallying.

WRC is nothing in comparison.

Rally bus
I always wondered why the Co-drivers say "Maybe".... what is it actually for?

Because when the crews make the pacenotes they are generally restricted to 30mph or slower. At 30mph there can be bends that could be flat out at 120mph but it's hard to tell for sure, hence there are maybe's in the notes.

I'll be driving on those lovely Manx lanes in 3 weeks :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Imagine the size of balls you would require!

What to drive the cars or be a spectator ;)

Unfortunately, Group B ended before I was born, But I love it so much. It makes Rallying tooday seem so tame! Unfortuantely, With all the Health and Safety High Vis jacket people, We will never be able to experience this sort of action ever again! :(

Has anyone got an specs on group B rally cars, They seem a hell of a lot faster than todays rally cars, But that could just be the spectators making it look like that.

I'd imagine they didnt have anywhere near the "toys" that rally cars today have!

Has anyone raced a Group B Car vs a Modern Rally car?