ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had enough of explorer 8

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
how crap is explorer 8?!

just uninstalled it and reinstalled 7 and its now working fine.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What problems were you having with 8?

very slow

and if i was on Cs for example and there was a link posted in a thread if i clicked on the link i would get a blank page.

i had to copy that link close the page, open a new explorer window and paste it in.

If i open up new links most of the time they just sit there loading. I have to open a link three times (getting fast with the scroll wheel click), One of them will load and i close the other two.

I think im going back to 7 now you've posted this thread, I just havent been arsed before. Hopefully things will change back.

Are you using vista mate?

Can you link me up where you got the download from if so?

Ive searched microsoft and the results coming up are none, Google doesnt seem to help either.

cheers

I would have thought so, Theres normally a different download for the vista programs. Im going to stick with 8 for a few more days, But everytime a page fails to load i go mad so it might not last long.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I switched to it in anger when IE crashed and lost all my tabs once, so I had a bit of determination to stick with it.

After a few days I was used to where all the buttons had moved to, it's a superior browser (and I don't have a problem with Microsoft).

Don't have any issues myself but I don't use it much. Still using 7 at work which crashes sometimes.

Scirocco GT 2.0
I've been using IE8 at home and at work since it was released and i've had no problems at all!

I'm not a fan of any other browser tbh but if I had problems with IE then obviously i'd change.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've got IE8 on all my machines now, only thing that f***s me off is iLO/iLO2 Console doesn't work.

BMW F21 125d
Vista & IE8 running on my laptop, downloaded from windows update, and i too find it slower that IE7, tbh, i'm glad i'm not the only one!