ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfrauds

clio 182 black /gold
I just bought some miguiars wax gonna tech wax it and apply this and see how it goes :)

clio 182 black /gold
I never bought it from them i got it from my local motor store. I got Meguiars The gold class clear coat paste car wax. What a dream it was to apply and remove. the car looks stunning :)

clio 182 black /gold
Those you recomended was not availible local only online and i did not want to wait for the delivery :)

106 GTi
It is the right way round, the problem is Gold Class is not a pure Carnuba Wax so the cleaners/polish in it may have removed some of the NXT's protection.

Focus RS, 182 gone
whats nxt wax? cant you just polish the car, then apply the wax? im confused please tell me how all this works??

Cheers

106 GTi
Megs NXT is a sealant/wax blend rather than a pure wax. It contains soime mild cleaners to clean the surface while your applying it.

Normal routine like you say is to polish and wax or polish and apply a sealant.

Polishing cleans up the paint, wax or sealant locks in the shine and protects. In general a sealant will out last a naturual wax in the time they leave your paint protected. (30 days for a wax, 30 - 120 + days for a good polymer sealant) but the downside is they never look quite as good a a natural carnuba wax.

or this reason lots of people polish, use a sealant for protection, and then add a Carnuba Wax on top just for looks.

Hope this helps.

Rich

azzer2000 said:
yeah cheers, what carnuba wax is best then? and where is it brought?

Depends on who you talk to, and what colour your car is.

There's lots of very good waxes available, if you want durability then probably Collinite.

If you want ease of use OCW, WOWO (wipe on, wipe off), just takes about 15 mins on a clio.

If you sign up to http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ then there are various traders, AND you get discount.

I bought about 3 or 4 different carnuba waxes so I could test them myself and make up my own mind! :approve: (expensive though!)

106 GTi
Its hard to pick one Carnuba wax as they are all different in ther own way.

Some look darker, some wetter, some show the metallic flake more, some are easy on, or off. Some last longer. Some are better suited on some colours.

If I had to pick one all rounder for all colours it would be P21s.

For Ultimate looks on my own car Souveran.