ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hamilton and my Caterham

Megane Trophy
Lewis Hamilton popped by on sunday for a quick beer and a pic with my caterham!

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Megane Trophy
Caterhams looking good mate! Lol at lewis, where does he live at night?

First night he was put in my room, came in from night out,

stumbled in, lights on and

WTF scared the living s**t out of me! - Thanks dad!

Caterham - the tiger stripes will be coming off and replaced with some new corporate stickers in next few weeks and needs little tidying up over winter ready for next year!

Megane Trophy
Yes they are and thats the way we run them, as well as all the other caterham teams. Stops delamination and graining on tyre surface.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i saw noticed that at a track day last year, knew there must be a reason for it. out of 20 teams there was probly only 1 with the tyres facing the "right" way

Megane Trophy
CR322's? Is that what the control tyre is for that series at the moment?

Thats for the academy there awful tyres!

The Superlight championship is CR500 which again arent that great.
Much better when they ran slicks and wets, Once these are worn out they will be replaced with the Yokohama AO32's

The teams that run them the right way are in experienced ha ha!

You lucky sod doing the academy. The old man had a couple (based in Tiptree), his second one was a purple 1800 X-power engined jobby, with a silver stripe down the middle and had CR500's (later changed to 048's). Had the number plate X777 XTC (seven ecstacy).

If I had the time and money I'd dearly love to enter that series, you lucky chap!

I'm aware they're sh* tyres, but they last a damn site longer than the 032r's do so I can see the attraction.

Is that an sl then?

Megane Trophy
You lucky sod doing the academy. The old man had a couple (based in Tiptree), his second one was a purple 1800 X-power engined jobby, with a silver stripe down the middle and had CR500's (later changed to 048's). Had the number plate X777 XTC (seven ecstacy).

If I had the time and money I'd dearly love to enter that series, you lucky chap!

I'm aware they're sh* tyres, but they last a damn site longer than the 032r's do so I can see the attraction.

Is that an sl then?

Im not doing the academy, this is the car that won the 2002 R400 superlight championship. It was run by my ex team for a number of years and i rebuilt the engine in june. After that I decided to raise the funds between myself, dad and brother to buy it.

This is 1800 k series and 210bhp, 6 speed caterham boff, LSD, dry sump, AP extra big brake upgrade, Bilstein dampers, few extra little touches

If it's a road car then I'm surprised there's no wide track, more comfortable seat or passenger seat? Moreover, I'm a bit surprised you still endure the hassle of a full FIA cage and p strut!

Nevertheless it's a nice little car. 2002 R400, so roller barrels?

Megane Trophy
Its no road car, its just a race car, it does have wide track and is the highest spec S3 caterham you can buy apart from changing to a duratec engine.

Seat is a foam race seat, we have 2 carbon shell seats for trackdays,
Yep the championship spec engine is Roller Barrells