ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone relocated their PAS reservoir?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
After following your project and seeing perhaps direction you're going etc, have you considered converting to epas? Think your build would be ideal candidate for it really, clean the engine bay out and provide on road comforts still

You will need to make up your own hoses if you want to. The res barb is a different size to the pump barb so you need -12 and -10 push on with a hose joiner. The rack being an m18 pas to -8 adapter, wraped in heat sleeve as so close to exhaust.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above relocate it to the bin, so much tidier under the bonnet, easier and cleaner to remove the engine, much more reliable, more power, not really a down side!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I’m trying to read up on it but don’t understand what’s involved really

Basically the steering rack and column off an epas equipped car along with the adjuster unit. Then the eBay for the ecu control box

Basically the steering rack and column off an epas equipped car along with the adjuster unit. Then the eBay for the ecu control box
We’ve got all that from a Twingo RS, reckon it’d work?
4274B26D-9F0F-473C-B09A-64741DE0F613.jpeg21ADE422-2255-4D1B-892B-744A2848CBCB.jpeg

Dyou reckon it could be done then?
But then you have the mounts that are different. If whatever reason you had the outer shell of a clio column, you could swap that over to the twingo one (I think) But then you might as well just get a clio column, the lower uj on twingo is the same fitment as clio so you only need upper part of column which are pretty cheap. And Im not 100 that the ecus are interchangeable

Smartie93

ClioSport Club Member
You can always ditch the belt driven hydraulic pump for an electric one. Then you don't mess with the steering ratios, and dont have weird feeling EPAS. I've used one from a 106 gti, but there are plenty of options.

Smartie93

ClioSport Club Member
It's quite involved. My pump sits where the standard battery would go. So the battery is now in the boot. You would need to make a bracket to hold the pump as well.

I used the standard low pressure return hose and an AN hose for my new high pressure line. I also have a cooling loop from an mx5 behind the front bumper but it's probably overkill.

The advantage is you reduce the rotational demand on the engine like an EPAS conversion, but the steering feels exactly the same as standard.

I don't have any photos of the final fit but heres the mockup, it's all hidden beneath a cover anyway. 😊
Screenshot_20200611-104450_Video Player.jpg