ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Switch

Just a quick question to check something.

bought a new surround for the hazard switch/heated rear window/locking+unlocking switches on the dash so to change it I had to remove all the switches, refitted the surround/switches/etc. voila everything seems to have gone back together smoothly

so later on I start the car up (broad sunny daylight, so no headlights on or anything) and notice that my hazard switch is now lit up (the red triangles on the switch are lit up) and havent noticed that before, so I press the switch to turn the hazards on and the dash switch flashes on and off, i.e. lights up and dims in sequence with the indicators/indicators symbol on the dials.

so I just wondered it is normal for the hazard lights dash switch to be permanently lit up when the ignition is on/engine is running.

Glacier White 197 Cup
as far as i remember it shouldn't be, unless your lights are on. too far away from my car to go and check as its not parked outside. someone else will hopefully confirm

maybe I confused my words there, but its not permanently lit up as in for example it isnt lit up now as the ignition isnt on and the cars all locked up, but as soon as I turn the ignition on to position II/start the car it lights up whether or not I have my lights on.

Glacier White 197 Cup
Yer thats how i interperated mate. I dont think it should be lit up with ignition on and with no lights on.

Please someone confirm unless i'll go for a run and go and look at my car

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The hazard switch is illuminated at all times when the ignition is switched on regardless of whether you have light selected or not.

Its so you can find it in an emergency.

When you turn your lights on, does it get brighter from just having the ignition on?

no mate, it just stays the same brightness, guess I've just never noticed it before as any time I've been in the car when its been dark enough that it itself being lit up and nothing else would be noticeable I've just started the car straight up and the auto lights have come on hence I aint noticed it.

so Brian R its normal then?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Yes,thats how it is on all the cars Ive ever owned.

If you think about it, say you were driving on the M'way at night and your lights failed, whats the button you need to find a.s.a.p ?

how do you mean all the cars you've ever owned?

take it you mean all the mk2 ph2 clios you've owned? as on all the cars I've owned the hazard switch has only ever lit up once I've fired my headlights on hence my dash lights have all also lit up.

but aye I suppose your right about your lights failing.