ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazards..

182 & Porsche 986
They won't turn off! i've taken the fuse out so i don't have any indicators working, but if i put the fuse back in they just keep flashing. :(
I've had the hazard switch replaced about 3 times now... surely it can be that breaking all the time?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i think it probably is. Ive been through 3 of them. since ive owned my clio.

put some paper in the gap at the side of the button to hold it in. It worked for me.

182 & Porsche 986
hmmm the switch is still in place and it still presses in and out just doesn't work.
Do they just pull out to replace?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
yep. the whole pannel with the locking, hazard and re-demister button comes off. You can then take the button out.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Pop something thin (screwdriver with cloth around) into the space between the bottom of that section and the stereo.

It comes out without too much force, then the 3 buttons (C.locking, heated r.windscreen and hazard switch) have clips on the back which allow them to be removed, reconnected.

If you check the connections and make sure that when the hazard button is pressed, there is a definate click, it should be fine, but is common to need replacing (about £17 for the hazard button). :)

182 & Porsche 986
bump.
i fitted a new switch yesterday and today hazards were broke again. any know anything thats causing this :(?

Megane dci 130
A wet alarm unit. Take the passengers scuttle off and dissconnect it to see if they keep going then. :)

Jag Mondeo -Type
My old cup used to have a similar problem, i found gettting full on rage, and stamping/kicking the switch eventually worked...

this happened to my friends 1.2 53 plate...

he had to replace the switch i think?? not sure...

must be a recurring problem on clios....

and i blamed his FAT FINGERS aswell...