ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDR for me?

Just wondering if a very kind person could HDR a few pics i took please?

Ill post them up soon if photobucket will let me or i'll send them over a PM or email.

Here are the pics i would like someone to attempt please...

DSC_1075.gif

DSC_1023.gif

DSC_1025.gif

182 (Conversion)
That's not how you do HDR.

HDR is "blending" several images shot with different exposures. These have to be the same image (tri-pod or at least RAW).

Have a read up on HDR, it's somewhat of an art and when not done properly looks rubbish (haloing etc).

S4 Avant
You need three identical pictures, each with a different exposure to do proper HDR.

...beaten to it

None of those images NEED HDR. They are all evenly exposed. HDR should only be sued where its impossible to shoot the image with an even exposure in one image.

Thanks guys, i had a small read before i put the pics up, wasn't sure if you could get the same effect using a diffrent programme etc. Cheers anyway!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
As said above Mikey123

HDR (High dynamic range) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of luminances between light and dark areas of a scene than normal digital imaging techniques.

Everyone knows this FFS!! idiot.

182 (Conversion)
Not all HDR is rubbish. I bumped into an old class mate from school who's become an awesome pro photographer - he knows the skills (art) and can make inspirational shots such as:

9_dsc5506-edit.jpg

6_pierheadhdr.jpg

6_albertdocks-img9108--1210tonemapped-noised.jpg

Then you get the ones which just don't work:

3408567276_ff62cf07c3.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
That's the guy from Talk Photography isn't it? Released a few books on it and has a website called Vanilladays? Done very well from it I believe.

182 (Conversion)
^ Yea a friend and I were out taking pictures down New Brighton where we saw him (taking excellent pics of people getting splashed by big waves)...since then we've seen him a few times and try to keep up to date via FlickR.

EDIT: Oh and he's got a great tut on it too, I learnt a lot from him.
http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr_tutorial/

Not all HDR is rubbish. I bumped into an old class mate from school who's become an awesome pro photographer - he knows the skills (art) and can make inspirational shots such as:

9_dsc5506-edit.jpg

6_pierheadhdr.jpg

6_albertdocks-img9108--1210tonemapped-noised.jpg

Then you get the ones which just don't work:

3408567276_ff62cf07c3.jpg

They all look way overdone. Depends if you want realism or CGI.

Charged Superleggera
ffs mikey. read up before you post. you need 3 identical pics not one pic of your car and 2 other pics of a stick on the beach.

Cupra
Or if you want an overdone photo with a bit of pop, just stick it in lightroom and click a couple of presets =

inao8i.jpg

1.4 16v Clio
That's perfect mate! What did you use for this?

Photoshop just going to image>adjustments>exposure and doing one stop up saving that doing it again saving that then the same from the original going down twice as well.

And then the HDR bit was done in Photomatix PRO http://www.hdrsoft.com/ with tone mapping in there and then back in to photoshop for a bit of a final touch up :D

Agree with revels about HDR being crap, all old school natural photography is far better. Im not a fan of any post processing TBH, except a bit of white balance..
Also FLOL at Firas!
BTW, is that corsa filled up with bricks?