ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDTV + Freeview

HELLO.

Could i just ask.... i'm reading quite alot of reviews saying that digital TV (freeview) looks sh1te on anything bigger than a 32" LCD?

I'm looking to get one of the following:

http://www.richersounds.com/showprod...d=HITA-L37V01U

or

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...elevisions.htm

or

http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?...id=pricerunner

and well i dont really want to purchase if the picture is going to be pants.

I dont normally watch many DVDs on the TV and I dont own a PS3 or XBOX etc..

What should one do? :)

Thanks

//Rich

P

Paul Common 666

There would be no point in having a hd ready tv if you havnt got any hd products I dont think. Apart from looking cool!

heh..

just moving into an unfurnished flat so thinking its time to bag one

my CRT is only 21 inches and our new lounge is quite big THUS.

T

thecremeegg

it does look pants - we have a 37" and cable, not good image at all

POO

i wouldnt mind if the picture was the same as a normal crt (with freeview) or even a little worse but reading some of the reviews everyone says its very bad

P

Paul Common 666

Suppose if your looking at getting a big tv you may aswell get an lcd one, its probably a better investment for the future. I have a 32" lcd in my bedroom and can only watch terrestrial because my area cant recieve freeview, cant say the picture is bad.

T

thecremeegg

Doesnt help that its connected through scart - thats what lets it down mainly

imho it can be very bad unless your sat miles away from it teh bigger the screen teh further back you need to sit for freeview to look ok

but then you miss out on the detail of hdtv thus there is no point

so really you need your sofa on rails to move it easily depending on what your watching lol

the 22" set i have in the bedroom looks great on freeview at about 10ft lol but i can sit about 3ft away with the 360 and it looks top notch

P

Paul Common 666

imho it can be very bad unless your sat miles away from it teh bigger the screen teh further back you need to sit for freeview to look ok

so really you need your sofa on rails to move it easily depending on what your watching lol

the 22" set i have in the bedroom looks great on freeview at about 10ft lol but i can sit about 3ft away with the 360 and it looks top notch

Haha! I do that when Im on the ps3, always sit close! :approve:

P

Paul Common 666

When Im watching the tv Ive found the further you sit away the better too (to a point obviously! lol!). So if you have a big room you/he should be ok?

Haha! I do that when Im on the ps3, always sit close! :approve:

its the only way i can spot people on cod lol the tv is too small to sit further away

P

Paul Common 666

Well Ive just bought a 32" tv (about 4-5 weeks ago) because I couldnt see the point in buying a crt. Im sure as time goes on there will be more and more hd channels available and hd/blu ray will take over the standard dvd players, and if you did go for crt you will be wanting hd ready in the near future.

would you not buy an LCD tv at all or do you have one you prefer :) upto £600

oh no id have an lcd tv again i did have 42" 1080p set at the start of the year but it bust so i got my money back

i have a soft spot for the tosh z series x series is good too for less money but dont bother with the c series its just an lcd tv nowt special about it

this is the one im after

4353-ZSeries.jpg