ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heated Rear Windscreen ?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hey guys,

Just recently, ive noticed that my heated rear window isnt working, ive changed the fuse a couple of times, and it still doesnt seem to work?

Any ideas?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
has the connector fallen off its terminal? never actualy seen it happen on a mk2 but worth a look, think its at the top of the screen, maybe behind the trim

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
umm, I will take some pics tommorow anyways, but to me everything seems to be in place.

Da

Less
Ok, that means it's probably as stated either one of the connectors or some of the lines are broken.

The lines are really really difficult to spot if they break. You'll need to look very closely, possibly use a torch or similar. From outside you will not be able to tell, open the boot and have a good look.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok, thanks, is it worth me posting some pics for you guys? If I cant see any, whats my best bet?

Da

Less
Post some pictures by all means but any breaks in the element I doubt will show up.

Photos of the connectors would be good though.

As for repairs well there is a solution available for re-joining the element. Most motorspares should be able to help you there.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
ok, I will post some up tommorow, I will also have a good look at the elements.

Thanks,

Carry this on tommorow.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
ok, just to let you know, its working again, it wasnt connected correctly, so I re-fit it.

Clio 182
Mine wasnt working and it was the switch and the relay in the dash side, does this sound right, had the same symptoms, few lines broken!!!