ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help car won’t start

Could someone help me my Clio will run fine for about 15 minutes at a time then the lights will just turn off and windows will stop working they will all stop till I pull over and start the car up again also the battery will die and will not start when I put jumper leads on it sounds asif it’s going to then all stop again really don’t know what to do at this point?
Thank you

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Sounds like you need a new battery and then check the alternator is charging properly.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
As above. This happened to mine just a couple of weeks ago. Most likely to be the alternator based on what you've described. Take your battery off, give it a full charge and re fit it. Once it's back in, use a multimeter to test if the voltage of the battery increases when the cars running. It's easy to do. If the voltage drops instead of going up when the car is running, your alternator is gone more than likely.