ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP, HANDBRAKE SEIZED UP

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
i got in my clio earlier and the rear wheels had seized up, the handbrake would not come off, i had to be put on a flat bed pick up and taken to the garage, does anyone know what might be wrong and if its expensive? thanks

ValverInBits
had you left it for a long time with the handbrake on (about 1.5 weeks or more)
Normally happens on rear disc cars but the handbrake will rust on.

As it's drums it could well be that the shoes have fallen apart as above. Probably quite cheap, don't worry

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
is it an expensive job to fix?

i was using the car on a long run today, i stopped for 2 hours and when i got back in the car it would not move.

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
i was driving along and i heard a click from the back of the car so i was a bit nervous driving home, i stopped at some shops and it broke

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer around 50-60k is when the cylinders may start to weap over the shoes, unbonding them from there carriers and getting wedged.

depends how its driven really ive seen some go to 80k

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
thats good to know that it may not be expensive, im just hoping i have not done any damage to the drum, the aa mechanic was wacking the drum with a club hammer!