ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP HELP HELP, PLEASE (PAS)

Monaco 53/468
My PAS fluid level has been slowly dropping lately so Ive been topping it up until I could find time to look at it, then I pulled onto my drive this morning and as I walked away from the car and glanced back I noticed something pissing out from underneath, yup red fluid!

It looks like what I think is the high pressure PAS hose is leaking where the bracket holds it before it goes over the gearbox

Now my dilema is this;

I need the car for work and I really need to use it tomorrow, obviously I don't want to cause any other damage to the pump etc, is there anything I can do so that I can drive the car for a week or two (with or without the PAS working!) without causing further damage?

please help folks, I need to use the bloody thing!

Thanks in advance

Steve

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Would it be ok to use if i took the belt off?

No, as that belt is also for the aircon, water, alternator etc.

I've broke two of the high pressure pipes now, they are officially sh*t, and a nightmare to fit.

Cut the old one out and unbolt it (much easier to cut it out then to get it out in one piece, trust me!) then take the two ends into Pirtek and get them to make a 90mm long pipe between the two, then route the pipe directly underneath the engine. Job done!! Its a superb £54 answer to Renaults (£180+!) crap high pressure pipe. Takes about 15mins to fit instead of half a day too, and it'll last!

As for short term, don't use the car unfortunately, I did for 80 miles (had no choice) and burnt out my pas pump as expected, luckily I had a spare anyway so no biggy.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
can you not just take the PAS fuse out or is it not a separate fuse?

Its mechanical (hydraulic) not electric! And the pump still spins whether there is fluid in it or not, when there's no fluid the bearings don't get lubricated = bye bye pump after not long.