ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help need to identify noise (vid included)

Hi,

I've been getting this noise every now and then and its kinda worrin me.

Im hoping some-one as had this or knows what it is.

Ive had the belts done just over a year ago now.

As you can tell by the vid it mainly happens when the revs drop but ive also heard it when im accelerating

th_02042010.jpg

Many thanks

Ive noticed im losing water aswell and only since the noise started so would that indicate my water pump on its way out ? Im not over heating though so i'll have to find out where the waters going for sure.

Da

Less
If the belts and the kits have been changed then yes it could be the water pump. Unfortunately if it is then the belts will be off again I believe.

Really needs a clearer/daylight video though.

Both belts wont need to come off will they ?

I'll try and get a daylight vid but it only happens now and then @ the min and when i want it to happen so sum1 can hear it, it wont lol

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Yup, the coolant pump...you can try changing the coolant (here in america some Renault stealerships are using Chrysler MOPAR coolant, very slippery to lubracate the water pump bearing) and see if the noise goes away if you open the coolant reservoir cap VERY SLOWLY (if the engine is completely hot do it carefully please)...if the noise changes or goes away you know its the pump. I'm gonna change the fluid tomorrow to see if it helps.