ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEASE transmission problems!!

clio sport 182
Hi everyone I am having a strange whirring noise coming from my gearbox it only does it when I get up to about 30/40 and when I go faster it gets louder there's a strange vibration coming from my gear stick and the noise doesn't go away even when its in neutral only when I slow down below 30 it disappears any help would be appreciated thanks.

If it's box related it will be the diff... My 182 did the same thing our day out of the blue. Changed the box and was fine.

Could be wheel bearing or driveshaft etc though? Although they usually knock.

clio sport 182
Ok thanks for your help I thought out of all things it would be the box it also makes a weird noise when the clutch is dipped which it could of been the release bearing but I had a new clutch last week I know its not the driveshaft because that's on it way out because it clicks when its on full or half lock getting that sorted at the weekend cheers mate.