ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Went out flying today to take a picture of a friends garden.

Got the pics on the computer and they seem pretty s**t quality

I'm going back up tomorrow and was hoping someone can help me with the set up of the camera.

The two close up pictures of the house front and back are saved after i zoomed in but are quite bad quality. Is there anything i can do to make the quality better tomorrow?

There must be a way i can make the pictures clearer?

Cheers all

Using a Nikon D50 with the Nikon DX 18.55mm
I had the setting on Auto..

DSC_0110.gif

DSC_0123.gif

THIS IS CHERYL COLE'S HOUSE
DSC_0048.gif

DSC_0031.gif

GUILDFORD CATHEDRAL
DSC_0060.gif

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Everytime you use auto, a puppy dies.

Stick it on apeture priority, f8 or up it if its sunny. ISO maybe 400 to enable a quick shutter speed.

Ps, stop using photofuckit!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I work right near you. Should get some pictures of the new hindhead tunnel. :)

Sorry i cant help with your camera though, point and shoot type of guy. ha

Sam!

Improvements you say? Big zoom lens and another trip to visit Cheryl :eek:

(I jest...sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm a complete newbie to SLR but definitely take it off auto and read a few guides online and those shots will improve tenfold)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Everytime you use auto, a puppy dies.

Stick it on apeture priority, f8 or up it if its sunny. ISO maybe 400 to enable a quick shutter speed.

Ps, stop using photofuckit!

Questions...

1) Whats wrong with photobucket? What do you use?
2) If i do what you say will it make the picture clearer?
3) I tried to use a Tamron AF 30-300mm lens but it just wouldn't take a photo. Wouldn't even snap.
4) How to speed up shutter?

Please remember im a spastic so really need you to be blunt with me lol.

Cheers mate

1) Photobucket will use a pikey algorythm to resize. Flickr is best
2) Yes.
3) At 300mm it'll need more light
4) Canon or Nikon? It's A on a Nikon. Av on a Canon I think.

Basically, you need to let more light in but get it at a balanceable level so you can still see but be clear.

Imagine that shot was taken at 5secs. Now, holding your hand still for 5 seconds is nigh on impossible. So you're going to get a blur. Add to the fact you're already moving.

Using A/Av will allow you to control the light more. More light = faster shutter = less blur.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
1) Photobucket will use a pikey algorythm to resize. Flickr is best
2) Yes.
3) At 300mm it'll need more light
4) Canon or Nikon? It's A on a Nikon. Av on a Canon I think.

Basically, you need to let more light in but get it at a balanceable level so you can still see but be clear.

Imagine that shot was taken at 5secs. Now, holding your hand still for 5 seconds is nigh on impossible. So you're going to get a blur. Add to the fact you're already moving.

Using A/Av will allow you to control the light more. More light = faster shutter = less blur.

Cheers Revs,

Im actually going to do what you suggest. While the camera is on 'A' and the ISO speed is now 400 from the 200 that was set while i took the pictures. The shutter is now really slow sounding. When i took the pictures earlier it was snapping pretty quickly.

Other than setting it to 'A' and ISO to 400 is there any other setting that will help? Image quality?