ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

here goes my plan

soon to be 172
Im thinking if the below can be done.

I have a 2tb hdd that i can plug into my ps3 via usb.

I then plan to rip all of my blue rays onto the hdd as well as ripping my blue ray rental from a well knows love film site...........

Is the above possible?

Will the ps3 recognise the 2tb hdd?

57 Clio Campus Sport
Only if you format HDD in FAT32 which has a max file size of 4GB so even if you were to rip them @720p it usually ends up 4.37 so is always split in 2 files. They are usually ripped in MKV format which you need to mux using a program like mkv2vob so they work on your PS3.

And if there are any films with subtitles needed it's even more of a pain as you have to transcode video to include them as ps3 is a pain with concern to subtitles, this usually ends up in loss of quality.

I don't see why you need to do your own blu rays, I mean how much of a pain is it to insert a disc into a disc drive?

Disc is always better as you get all the added features that it contains and always superior quality to a rip

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
Only if you format HDD in FAT32 which has a max file size of 4GB so even if you were to rip them @720p it usually ends up 4.37 so is always split in 2 files. They are usually ripped in MKV format which you need to mux using a program like mkv2vob so they work on your PS3.

And if there are any films with subtitles needed it's even more of a pain as you have to transcode video to include them as ps3 is a pain with concern to subtitles, this usually ends up in loss of quality.

I don't see why you need to do your own blu rays, I mean how much of a pain is it to insert a disc into a disc drive?

Disc is always better as you get all the added features that it contains and always superior quality to a rip

+++++++1

Tesla MP3 2021
all in all its going to be a pain isnt it.

Yes, total waste of time with the PS3 route.

I have a 2TB external HDD with all my Blu-ray films on which I play through my Mede8er Media Player, works a treat :).

It plays the films that are the true original blu-ray folders but in an iso format.

soon to be 172
my pal has one and when he fires it up there all there but loads of them are missing the cover pictures ect. and it just looks messy.

Will it play them in true blue ray|?

Tesla MP3 2021
I dont always bother with the cover art etc etc, there is a specific program out there that will create it all for you and the ones I have done it on have turned out great.

Yes it plays them in full HD and its true Blu-Ray. I watched Avatar the other day through it and the quality was immense. The iso file size was over 50Gb so it was the full shebang!!

Last edited:
  soon to be 172
cool, what media player do you have? just noticed post above. Ill get one on order then pal.

Cheers for the help.

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
Worth checking out WDTV also, think they do one with wifi now also. Mate has one, I'm thinking of getting one as they much better than ps3, but then my ps3 wont be used AT ALL...

Go cry to your momma!
+1 on the playon, great bit of kit and probably the cheapest about.
I'd only rate the popcorn hour above that but it's more cash..