ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey you crazy lot

LY 182 FF CUPPED
How is going back home ???

Only 2 weeks and I fly back - good news is I am handing my camera gear to my replacement, and I get a brand new kit when I arrive back at my work.

Can't be bad - thought I would be spending the winter knocking the sand out of it.

Things have quietened down for me this week so I have had chance to update my blog, not sure if any of you follow it but here is the address.

www.throughwoodyslens.blogspot.com

It is still in its early days, looking to put lots on over the winter months.

stay safe

bye for now.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome news.

Would love to meet up as you are presumably within an hour or so of me (Dartford) .. we need a V6 to finish the range off (see last night's Tonbridge meet photos haha)

Checking blog now .. Awesome photos as ever.

Take it easy :cool:

Rob

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Yes I am only in Ashford, happy to take a drive up - excuse for the missus to visit IKEA

Your pics are awsome. I understand your a professional photographer, but who for exactly? Media based for newspapers etc that why your in afgan?

Are you paid by other people too for your images? Like Getty, do they pay on top of your army pay? Or is it commission based?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
No, they are given our images free of charge - they then strip my metadata, and advertise it as theirs - PA are the worse, at least Getty usually credit the MoD.

As for cash, knowone gives me anything, if they did I could be a rich man, I am sat on 50 Gigs worth of images from the last 3 months......been to places know press phot has been !!!!

No, they are given our images free of charge - they then strip my metadata, and advertise it as theirs - PA are the worse, at least Getty usually credit the MoD.

As for cash, knowone gives me anything, if they did I could be a rich man, I am sat on 50 Gigs worth of images from the last 3 months......been to places know press phot has been !!!!

That must make your piss boil, it would mine.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Legend...
It would make my year have one of my pictures featured on the Boston blog, congrats dude.

Flame Red Delight
very nice mate, be more ruthless with your photographs though mate, why should everyone else reep the benefits off your photographs when you dont get a penny for it ?

Cupra
yes that is 1 of mine

I'm happy to have my photos used for promo material at work, but it must feel amazing to have them used all over the world daily. Even if you don't get credited for them, you still know they are yours. :D

Fiat Panda 100hp
very nice mate, be more ruthless with your photographs though mate, why should everyone else reep the benefits off your photographs when you dont get a penny for it ?

He's in the army, he get's paid to take photos and give over the pictures. Freelance journalist have more control over their images.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
^^^^very true Ben.

I am now back in the UK - and it is a warm feeling walking into WH Smiths and seeing my images on the front cover of magazines such as SOLDIER MAGAZINE, and in the National newspapers.

Sorry Giraffey mate. Mine should hopefully be fully colour coded for this meet. It'll look like yours just not so wide :(.

Planetx: Obvoiusly the pictures gives us a insight to your daily experiences, but has it changed you in anyway?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yes.......I want to kill you all for being lazy fat arsed civilians - of course it hasn't

^ Ah soz,
Ive been in Argentina for a week, just arrive back yesterday night, so havent really been on the forums much.

I might give you a call later on today if thats ok, after the F1 repeat?