ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi...

172 Cup
Hi all,

Thought I had better finally write a post to introduce myself, and why I'm here!!

So, my name is Sam and have very recently purchased myself a '02 172 Cup, around 65k and 2 owners from new. My aim for this is to turn it into Track/Fast Road kinda deal, predominantly focusing on track use. I have a background of mostly JDM vehicles, with a couple of Pulsars, Evo 6 RS, R32 GT-R, Impreza P1, most of these have ended up either broke or bent!! I have had a taste from the French before in the shape of the good ol' R5 GTT.

Anyway, with the cost of driving increasing (mainly my Insurance:eek:) and the fact that its just not really viable to drive with 'spirit' on public roads these days I decided to get myself a little track toy. Bob the Clio is relatively standard afaik except a full K-tec stainless exhaust with de-cat and what looks to be either a tubular or 182 manifold? and an induction kit. I have to say that from a bang for buck and driveability stand point I am mightly impressed.

I didnt get much in the way of history with the car except a service book showing services upto around 45-50k with cam belt done at 40k. The first thing I have planned is full fluid and filter service, before the tear down begins!! I have got most of the bits either with me, or on order at the moment, except a set of coilovers and a decent brake setup, so if anyone has any suggestions, or bits for sale, let me know!!

I will get some pics up of before, after, and during as I go although I'm not the most organised of people so updates may be a tad sporadic!!

Until then Adios!