ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how hard is it to...

Just wondering how hard it is to fir the adaptor to use the steering wheel controls for an alpine - a 7894rb. as i have heard you have to remove the dash

Thanks guys

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Yup... I still have 3 screws left over...

Costs quite a bit; £60 altogether as you need an adaptor for the adaptor I seem to remember..!

Worth it though...

so i remove the dash, and i have 2 buy 2 adpotors, plug them in and roberts your mothers brother???

why do u have to buy 2 adaptors, why do i have to remove the dash??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

to plug in to the clock (it sounds mighty odd but i will all make sense)

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 20 May 2003

to plug in to the clock (it sounds mighty odd but i will all make sense)
Now i am confused??? the stearing adapor goes into the clock, or is that the display for the on-board computer?

Ps i dont have my clio yet

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Behind that arrrow is the molex connector plug the adaptor into this. (after removing it from the socket its in) Then fit the power to the adaptor block from the headunit and plug the 3.5mm jack from the adaptor block into the the headunit.

replace dash top

done.

(you will have to feed the power and the 3.5mm jack round so it can get to the back of the head unit but when the dash is off you will see that this isnt hard)

cool, thanks, also i see the tweeters are very open, could i put new ones here, and angle them for sound stageing, or is there a better way.

Also is that thing under the label the air bag?? is it easy to set off??

Thanks very much that is very usefull.

Rorrie

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the tweeters are easy to replace dont mess with the angle its fine

as for the airbag just dont touch it or cut any YELLOW wires

You have to swap some of the pins around in the red connector too cos the functions on your stalk are different to how the Alpine adaptor comes as standard.

Not done it myself personally yet but seen an old post yonks ago about it saying its easy to figure out which pin is which funtion.

Im gonna do it when I get back from the States next week cos it gets a bit annoying!

Yes you do..!

Heres a list of button functions for the OEM stuff compared to my current controls for my head unit & changer:

Vol up/down works OK as normal
Top left/right buttons used to alter CD-changer disk up/down . The left now changes source between CD, Changer and Tuner and Right changes band on Tuner!
Roller switch used to skip tracks up/down on either CD or current disk in changer, now it changes disks in the changer!
Bottom button used to cycle between sources, now it skips tracks but only forward.

Now thats just not normal!!!!